1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few seconds with a hairdryer seems like a lot less effort, and a lot less dangerous...

t1000_t2.jpg

742088-t1000.jpg

:horror

Haha Too funny!!

Yep - that's pretty much what it's like at the moment!

I took the coat off before bending the arms, I guess others didn't. Plus, I heated it prior to bending.

It's an old trick used back in the day with Marvel Legends figures. Works with all these muscle bodies too.

Never knew that, I guess I'll give it a shot if I ever encounter a body that absolutely refuses to move. Luckily, just a blow dryer has gotten me by.

I took the coat off before bending the arms, I guess others didn't. Plus, I heated it prior to bending.

Yep - I did the same thing. I have enough experience with figures to know not to be dumb and force it etc. I took the jacket off, but - like I said - the arms are solid. I'll have another look tonight.

Wasn't that because they were forcing them in the wrong direction - because under the jacket you can't see that they aren't twisted the way you expect them to be?

Forewarned is forearmed (*cough*). When I read about the breakages the first thing I did was to remove the jacket, which was going to be one of the first things I did to this figure anyway, considering it looks like pants!

Out of the box the arms on mine were solid at the elbows as well. It's as though the joints were glued together by paint.

Could be right about the paint! I took the jacket off, looked at the elbow orientation etc, but didn't look close enough for paint. Good idea!

Got mine today. Concerned seeing a few complaining of arm breakages. However common sense dictates take off the jacket first and then slowly plied pressure and bending well now. Not a fan of he clicky shoulder.

Guess will look for a new body replacement for my Snake with Jacket on/off. Keep the SS one for a shirtless Snake maybe.

Overall All happy with the figure, not perfect but for £100 I am NOT complaining. Plus said many times NO matter the brand, None of them ever get the figures truly Right anyway. So Good to be a customiser/kitbasher.

It's crazy how much the scar on his cheek stands out in pictures, when I can barely see the one on mine in normal lighting. Also, about the arms--definitely take the jacket off before messing around with them--the right arm on mine was turned the wrong way at the elbow inside his jacket. It would have snapped clean off if I'd have forced it. And everyone that says the pouches suck, yeah, that's no joke. I opened the one with spare magazines go in, and the tab thing instantly ripped off. I'm glad I got him, though, all things considered.

Back