1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
qFszYa0.jpg

Hehe. Snake-Tonio Banderas.
I cancelled mine, but nothing else I have seen since has made me think I made a mistake.
These pics are not of the thing I ordered.

The jacket doesn't bother me at all, but I am not sure I am sold on the final sculpt anymore. Oh well, I am getting mine "free" from points so I am stuck with him.

I think I'm seeing what plissken said before about the eye being to open. It makes the sculpt suffer a little. But still reserve my full judgment till in hand.

Last edited:
I think I'm seeing what plissken said before about the eye being to open. It makes the sculpt suffer a little. But still reserve my full judgment till in hand.

Comparing the sculpt to Kurt Russell as Plissken, the facial sculpture is accurate, all the proportions and facial forms are accurate to Russell, the only issue is that eye, it's sculpted too open especially for this character.
The lackluster paint job isn't helping the likeness either. Maybe if the iris and pupil were painted a bit lower so that some of the lower iris was covered by the lower eyelid, it would look more accurate to the character.
But the majority of the sculpt itself looks exactly like Russell.

Last edited:
Yeah thats my opinion too, plus I think most of those pics are taken from a down view up and the head is weirdly placed like a toy and not as a posed figure looking like a human character.

Yeah he does look a little too cartoony and plasticky looking. Good sales tactics by sideshow though putting up those uber cool promo pics then dissing out this lol

I'm thinking now that don't know how to feel about this figure lol, we've seen so many pics that I don't know what to think. after so many speculations, discussions, worries, happiness and hope. I feel that the more I see those bad pics the more intoxicated I feel. Can it be that all the people that have shown this figure be that bad with a camera and be bad at posing naturally a figure??? I'm gonna try and not see anything else till I get it for in person.

Stumbled on it while browsing eBay. Still have it on preorder, but... I dunno. Quality really seems to be low-end.
This is the link to all the parts, good quality pictures there... But I warn you... It's bad.
Funny thing, jacket seems to be the least problematic, imho anyways:dunno
LINK
1.jpg

Problem is we're all spoiled. HT and a few others have raised the bar pretty high. So much so that there is little room for this kind of effort. This figure would have been ok in 2008. I'm still keeping mine though.

$150 for the body alone when the full fig is $160? And $100 for the headsculpt. Guy is dreaming.

All the other parts look ok. I don't think the head looks that bad. No worse than my Burt Ward Robin headsculpt. It's not going to be that blown up and flash washed out in hand.

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to total change my mind and join the haters once in hand.

I dont want to sound optimistic or in denial but that could be one of the rejects at the factory the paint looks so shinny and the photos we've seen the figure doesn't look that way. What is up with that lower eye lashes.

Back