1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think a remake is possible at this stage. Russell is to Plissken what Stallone is to Rambo or Rocky. The role is as much about the actor who played him as the character himself. One does not exist without the other.

I disagree. It's no different than mad max and Gibson, not rat I agree with that remake either but the character sort of seperates itself from the actor and can be found in a whole bunch of different characters or actors. Rambo and rocky are far more iconic.

I don't think a remake is possible at this stage. Russell is to Plissken what Stallone is to Rambo or Rocky. The role is as much about the actor who played him as the character himself. One does not exist without the other.

Well they want to reboot it, not remake it. So they'll stick in some BS actor, and they'll announce "it'll be a trilogy" and it will die after one film.

Well they want to reboot it, not remake it. So they'll stick in some BS actor, and they'll announce "it'll be a trilogy" and it will die after one film.

Yep, as integral as some actors are to roles... if Hollywood wants a reboot they'll make it no matter what.

I agree with you 100%...I feel the same about Stallone/Rocky, Rambo....Eastwood/Dirty Harry....Sure you can redo EFNY...throw in some new, current actors that will fit in with todays generation...But, it still won't be the real thing...

I disagree. It's no different than mad max and Gibson, not rat I agree with that remake either but the character sort of seperates itself from the actor and can be found in a whole bunch of different characters or actors. Rambo and rocky are far more iconic.

Agree 100%!...

If they announced a remake of Escape From New York with Hugh Jackman as Snake and Idris Alba as the Duke who would complain? Have Russell involved as a producer if need be.

Not likely to happen. Jackman was slated for Bond too. But his destiny lied elsewhere.

I see no reason to reboot it other than to cash in. If John Carpenter doesn't want to make films anymore, so be it. I don't blame him.

If they announced a remake of Escape From New York with Hugh Jackman as Snake and Idris Alba as the Duke who would complain? Have Russell involved as a producer if need be.

100% with you on this one. Idris Elba as the Duke would be awesome! And I'm thinking Michael Rooker for Bob Hauk. Snake to me is very hard to cast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with most on this one, it doesn't need a remake. Perhaps if they can figure out a way of using the basic elements then giving a different slant then maybe that would be cool. I'm thinking here of The Dawn of the Dead and Italian Job remakes. And just for the hell of it here's some fantasy casting for Snake. I'm going for Timothy Olyphant, Joel Edgerton (keep the Australian accent for the role) or the already rumored Dan Stevens.

It doesn't have to be a remake but a story like Escape only works once IMO. It can be Jackman because I believe it will only be for one to 2 films.

How about James Spader for the President, Brian Cranston as Brain, Juliana Margeles as Maggie, Bruce Dern as Cabbie, Conan Stevens for Slag and Clint Eastwood as Bob Hauk.
I personally love the part, maybe my favorite part, when Hauk and Plissken are sitting in Hauk's office discussing the situation. "I'm about to kick your a$$ out of the world, war hero..." Who else but Eastwood could deliver that line again.

I'm Australian and who doesn't love Hugh Jackman .... but he seems very wrong for Snake.

"I thought you'd be taller"

.....then again, Wolverine is a midget in the comics as well and is a 6'2" Hugh in the movies, so I guess it makes sense :)

Guys what are you talking about?! Jackman!?

We already have an actor perfect for Snake Plissken, Guy Pearce...

Perfect for Snake and a great actor

Back