1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it was the prototype?

Yeah, it was a prototype on display at SDCC.

Anyway, I never bought a SSC figure, but I think it was EVILFACE who mentioned it in this thread, that their figures are usually hit or miss. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one, and hope that the likeness turns out great.

Back to square one. :banghead

I reordered this twice and cancelled again. I want it, but I have too much coming in the next three months. Still trying not to get sucked into the fear and despair that's dominating this thread.

Sideshow stated the Plissken at SDCC was a production figure, not a prototype. More than one Sideshow employee said this, and it was not booth babes, but well known Sideshow employees.

That being said, a 'production' piece can be one produced by the manufacturer on the line in the production facility, rather than the hand made prototype. That does not mean it's one of the actual figures from the larger, full scale production. Sideshow has to take the word of the actual manufacturer that they'll get the same level of quality when they gear up for full scale production.

Sideshow stated the Plissken at SDCC was a production figure, not a prototype. More than one Sideshow employee said this, and it was not booth babes, but well known Sideshow employees.

That being said, a 'production' piece can be one produced by the manufacturer on the line in the production facility, rather than the hand made prototype. That does not mean it's one of the actual figures from the larger, full scale production. Sideshow has to take the word of the actual manufacturer that they'll get the same level of quality when they gear up for full scale production.

I concur with Mike. It was a production sample...meaning made by the factory, not a prototype but not part of the production run either. Now who knows what'll come out in the full production run.

At SDCC, SSCs had a mix of production samples and prototypes. I think the only full production run figure they had out loose to let us put our grubby paws on that isn't released yet was R2. The rest I think were production samples. All the Marvel stuff was protos and the DC GL & Flash were protos. The DC Bats and Supers were production samples. IF the Batman is any indication of the level of quality they are getting now from production sample to full production run figure, the Snake Plissken should look great!

There was a question as to whether Plissken is a production piece. He's actually a pre-production sample.

SideshowAlex

Sigh, how quickly people forget. I asked and this is the response we got direct from Sideshow at Comic Con. A preproduction sample is a figure the factory made for Sideshow to get approval to go into full production. So its very close to what we will recieve. And I'm sure Sideshow Alex is a babe, I wouldn't call her a "booth babe". :lol

I get confused sometimes about what constitutes what in these photographs. Are the photographs shown on page one of this thread the same supposed production figure shot at SDCC? With all of that atmospheric lighting, its hard to tell whether that is the same figure from the show or not. If so, then in plain light the figure does read pretty generic in the face. It's kind of sad that since Sideshow is the distributor of Hot Toys, there would be some influence/sharing of talent in the head sculpt arena to make these figures at least close to that level of likeness.

No, those photos would be of a prototype version, since they are shot so early in the process. The SDCC version:

[iimage]https://www.mwctoys.com/sdcc2014/images/sdcc2014_sideshow_102.jpg[/image]

Attachments

• sdcc2014_sideshow_102.jpg
    sdcc2014_sideshow_102.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 221
So I just pulled the trigger on this figure. I wanted the Exclusive version, but I don't see the waitlist option as any sort of guarantee so I just went ahead and pre-ordered the regular. I'm not sure I'd use that extra hand with the cassette, anyways.

My question to those of you who have ordered Sideshow 1/6 figures before: How do they pack them? I've only purchased Hot Toys before and have always used the $10.00 'Pack-out' option because I don't think the flimsy HT shippers are quite enough protection. Is the 'Pack-out' option something I should consider for this figure as well?

I'll be crossing my fingers that the figure comes out like the SDCC pics as well...

Pack out is a waste of money, I used to do it and all it really does it delay the shipment for minimal protection.

Well I have bought from sideshow two hot toys and none of the have come with a damage on the box and I live in Puerto Rico.

I'm not sure it's a waste. My Batman box has a corner crushed by UPS. It depends on if you care about the condition of the packaging.

Well the damage would be on UPS and SSC, not you. You could always exchange it.

Well I have bought from sideshow two hot toys and none of the have come with a damage on the box and I live in Puerto Rico.

Never had an issue since I made the change.

No, those photos would be of a prototype version, since they are shot so early in the process. The SDCC version:

[iimage]https://www.mwctoys.com/sdcc2014/images/sdcc2014_sideshow_102.jpg[/image]

I think he looks very good there... generally the production samples they've shown have been pretty close to the final product. We just have to hope against weird production issues that either don't get caught or are overlooked. I can't imagine the production sample for Drake looked as awful as the final figure, but you never know what someone will approve :lol

I plan on cancelling this in a few days so someone on the waitlist will convert soon. I'd like to have it but I just have too much going on right now.

Yeah, that would make a pretty awesome display. I haven't figured out where Snake is going yet... I've already got dedicated Terminator and Robocop shelves. But, I'm sure I'll find him a good home.

And I really hope he both comes out good and sells well, I really want to see Sideshow continue with more cult movie figures. With this, Ash and Beetlejuice we're poised to get some really cool figures.

Back