1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So now sideshow is making the backstage post production pic like Hot Toys, so maybe will see them for all upcoming releases. Personally I think that they did learned by the drake thing.

On a separate note it's worth mentioning Shout Factory is putting out a special edition Blu ray of Escape from New York. It was announced at the Comic Con. As soon as I get a release date, I will post it.

Had completely forgotten about this figure ....questioning whether I need it again now....have cancelled once already and then reordered after con showing.

On a separate note it's worth mentioning Shout Factory is putting out a special edition Blu ray of Escape from New York. It was announced at the Comic Con. As soon as I get a release date, I will post it.

Wonder what it'll include. The last special edition I bought already had a 'look back doco' and a 'where are they now' cast feature and interviews.
Maybe they'll throw on the original prologue and call it a never before seen alternate intro.

Just checking on you tube i found a video on how to distress leather, it a little to the extreme but some of the process can be tone down to achieve the plissken distressed jacket effect. A little fun to watch to.

I'm pretty sure the Sideshow jacket will not be made out of leather... so I don't think I'd be dragging it behind a 1/6 RC car or covering it in Acetone :lol

Usually just some sand paper and paint should do the trick if the production jacket is not distressed enough.

Read guys. Tone down the process, not to do exactly what he did although it looks cool.I highly doubt that jacket was real leather and if it was they must be cheap where he is.

He says it was leather... even comments that it's very sturdy so you can mess it up. But generally 1/6 companies use synthetic materials and acetone would likely melt them. Roughing it up, getting it wet even adding paint should be fine... but I would not use alcohol or acetone on it.

I've distressed Indiana Jones jackets with acetone and 100% alcohol before but yeah ....wouldn't dare do it on synthetic leather materials.
You're better off just simply using some fine sandpaper and avoiding the stitching.

Whelp. Just got my Flex moved to November. I'm surprised this keeps getting pushed further and further back.

If it's because of QC issues, they can keep pushing it back until they get it right. I'd rather wait for a good figure then end up with something that looks as crappy as that Nathan Drake figure turned out.

We waited 11 months already we can wait some more. Nice feeling to have only one $40 flex pay left too

I'm surprised they're not addressing why this product continues to get pushed back. I've noticed even the pre-order for the "regular edition" (whatever that is) also comes out November 2014. Maybe the demand has been bigger than they originally planned? This original order sold out relatively fast. I wonder if the second order is also doing well?

Sideshow regularly push everything back and lately there has been some large delays.
I'm also down for the Conan Rage of the Undying PF which was originally a May release and for the last six months, was listed as August ....until we got to September and they've quietly updated the product page to suddenly read December.

Don't take the delay to mean they're suddenly working on improving Snake or that they've dramatically changing the production process.

Back