1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whoah ......whoah there :D

This is Sideshow we are talking about.
The production sample means someone has taken great care to produce this single edition for approval.
Now that it has been approved, the (eg) next 5000 will be done by 100 different poorly paid Chinese laborers who will take great delight in figuring out how to make a one eyed man look googly eyed and experiment in many different ways how many variations of beard they can put on the figure.

Don't be surprised if a good 5% have the eyeball painted on the patch and the eyeball blacked out.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

The heads usually are not hard to take apart... but I've heard that some were harder than others. I just redid a Nathan Drake for someone and I'm pretty confident even if the Snake sculpt get's jacked he'll still be salvageable.

33793ed3-0188-4f34-b63d-ca5b992cd58b_zps2fcd0dff.jpg

BEFORE
6b9e9a95-4e4f-4be6-8d7d-9271a9d35865_zps8d479778.jpg

Great work!
But isn't it a bit of a shame it never came out good to begin with?

The heads usually are not hard to take apart... but I've heard that some were harder than others. I just redid a Nathan Drake for someone and I'm pretty confident even if the Snake sculpt get's jacked he'll still be salvageable.

BEFORE

You really created a diamond from a turd :lol

Great work. :clap

Thanks guys... where there is a will (and a brush) there is a way :lecture

Great work!
But isn't it a bit of a shame it never came out good to begin with?

Yeah, but what's funny is about 75% of the problem is that damn eye plate. If it wasn't so wide the jaws wouldn't get distended and if it was placed properly the eyes would not look so vacant. The actual eye stencil they used is solid, but when it's too low, or off kilter it just messes up the whole thing.

Unless Sideshow can tighten up this feature then just need to go back to one piece heads.

BEFORE

Damn! You worked a miracle on that HS:clap

Anybody thinks that they hold the figure back a moth means that they are checking their QC ? After saying august for almost 6 months and now saying september looks suspicious. Maybe they did learn quietly by the drake figure fiasco.

Anybody thinks that they hold the figure back a moth means that they are checking their QC ? After saying august for almost 6 months and now saying september looks suspicious. Maybe they did learn quietly by the drake figure fiasco.

Nope... I've seen a lot of figures get delayed and they still looked like ass. And by the same token some figures that came out on time and looked good. Sideshow just doesn't have a strong presence at the production level or we wouldn't see so many screw ups. I don't know what kind of relationship HT has with their factories, but they seem to run a much tighter ship.

BEFORE

Is that seriously the same sculpt?
Looks like one of those photoshopped internet fitness ads. "With this 1 workout secret this fat white guy becamse a ripped, jack black guy!"

:lol :lol :lol

Nope, same sculpt... even just about the same lighting conditions, so no photo tricks to make one look better than the other :lol

Damn still two monthssss. It feel like two years ago I pre ordered lol. I could be happy and calm just seeing a post production piece.

Last edited:
Yea I cannot believe its already august. The thing is that i have this figure on flexpay and if i cancel my order they charge me and amount of the flexpays i made. So I have to wait till it gets here in case the figure turns up bad and need to be returnedd

Yea I cannot believe its already august. The thing is that i have this figure on flexpay and if i cancel my order they charge me and amount of the flexpays i made. So I have to wait till it gets here in case the figure turns up bad and need to be returnedd

hear ya my first flex is the 25th of this month was hoping to see something before then to decided whether i'm keeping my P/O

I've paid a couple of figures by flexpay but all hot toys and after the drake fiasco I dont want to wait till I get it to see if it looks good or bad. I hope we see some more pics soon.

Hey guys I dont know if you are familiar with the Facebook Page OSR but the admin Mark OSR hes got some conection on sideshow so he sometimes has inside info on figure announcements and he posted a teases pic of sideshows Batman 1/6 and the imperial droid from star wars getting onboxed or ready to ship so I asked him if he knew something from plissken and he aswered that the figure is in production as we right know, so at least we got a nice update. so here is the pic.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg

Last edited:
Back