1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the CGI in that movie would make a SyFy original cringe... and they added quite a bit of it. Like the personal submarine segment, just godawful :lol

Escape from New York is a movie that never had a sequel imo, just like The Matrix, Robocop and Conan the Barbarian :lecture

Agreed. That movie sucked @&$. John Carpenter and Kurt Russell should have been embarrassed.

Agreed. That movie sucked @&$. John Carpenter and Kurt Russell should have been embarrassed.

Kurt Russell (and Debra Hill) were co-producers on the movie (as well as co-writers on the script) so they took a financial blood bath on the deal, because the movie was a big money loser. Paramount had the good sense to stay out of the financial obligations assoicated with it. Personally I was shocked at the end result since the same core people were there from the last film. I guess what it really proved is that Carpenter was VERY lucky to strike gold with his Halloween movie because very little else, outside of Starman, ever saw measurable success. Years of changing tastes have placed several of his movies in better standing than what they were at the time of their release. Escape from New York really only did modest business which is why we never saw a sequel back then. It was it's afterlife on DVD through decades of new generations that gave it this new life to secure a sequel. Too bad Carpenter didn't have stronger ideas. It's interesting too since the original idea was to make more movies. It would have been fascinating to know what Carpenter's original idea for a sequel would have been back in the early 80's. Still I really like Snake from the original film and look forward to having that figure. It's worth noting that Escape was Kurt Russell's first big critical film designed to break his long running Disney image he had gotten since childhood. So much of that played into why he looked the way he did with an eye patch and unshaven appearance.

But the theme song for LA killed the PacMan theme from EFNY.

Not exactly, as the opening for L.A. is basically a makeover of the EFNY theme. According to the liner notes in the CD for EFLA, Carpenter himself preferred the updated version, as it added a sense of urgency, he wasn't able to put into the original.

The music and Snake's new threads, were the only good things about the movie really.

I think the top of his hair stands to tall, it should be more flat on his head. Other than that I'd say he looks pretty solid. If that is indeed the production figure than I might get one.

Well got mine ordered when this was first announced.

Big Snake Plisskin fan and missed the custom one on here a few years back. So damn straight grabbing this one.

Love both films and the comics but more so why my imagination has done with that universe and character.

Cannot wait to get mine thats for sure.

It's great to see so many personal favorites getting converted into top-of-the-line figures these days. Society's tastes have come a loooooooooooooong way since this movie was released.

They could at least show us some damn photos already, or are they afraid once we see it we won buy like drake?

They had it on display at Comic Con. A different figure than the prototype pics. You should go back and read a little of the thread rather than just spout off.

Escape from LA is big and dumb but also awesome.

Russell definitely wanted to be there, he was one of the main ones pushing for it to be made, and according to Carpenter essentially wrote and directed that Epilogue ending himself where Snake shuts off the world.

Snake's looks with the all black leather, full coat and dual pistols is total badassery as well and I would definitely instant buy a figure of it.
I would definitely pose him at times with the surfboard for the lulz ....but more likely with the EMP device because it doesn't get more awesome than Plissken turning off the world.

For whatever reason, Carpenter and Russel wanted Snake and his world to get progressively more ridiculous.
They tried to get a 3rd one made that was to be 'Escape from Earth' where the whole world had gone post-apocalyptic rather than just small cities.

They had it on display at Comic Con. A different figure than the prototype pics. You should go back and read a little of the thread rather than just spout off.

Well instead of spouting off yourself maybe u should read those pages back, alex stated that to be a pre-production piece.

Well instead of spouting off yourself maybe u should read those pages back, alex stated that to be a pre-production piece.

Which means it's a sample for approval before they make 5000, so that means it's pretty much identical to what the final product will look like.

Which means it's a sample for approval before they make 5000, so that means it's pretty much identical to what the final product will look like.

whoah ......whoah there :D

This is Sideshow we are talking about.
The production sample means someone has taken great care to produce this single edition for approval.
Now that it has been approved, the (eg) next 5000 will be done by 100 different poorly paid Chinese laborers who will take great delight in figuring out how to make a one eyed man look googly eyed and experiment in many different ways how many variations of beard they can put on the figure.

Don't be surprised if a good 5% have the eyeball painted on the patch and the eyeball blacked out.

Do you know who it was that posted that take down of Catwoman?
I am just curious how easily the head comes apart...

The heads usually are not hard to take apart... but I've heard that some were harder than others. I just redid a Nathan Drake for someone and I'm pretty confident even if the Snake sculpt get's jacked he'll still be salvageable.

33793ed3-0188-4f34-b63d-ca5b992cd58b_zps2fcd0dff.jpg

BEFORE
6b9e9a95-4e4f-4be6-8d7d-9271a9d35865_zps8d479778.jpg

Back