1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder how those Star Wars fans would react to Jedi Luke being issued with a trench coat or Evil Dead Heads getting their Ash Williams wearing a vest instead of a ripped shirt.

That was never the case with Sideshows/Hasbros Gi Joe lines, the character interpretations have always evolved in some way or another.
To me the characters are still easy identifiable as their "vintage" counterparts.

As for scaring people off, I don't recall being scared off in the Boba Fett thread when people had conniptions over the shade of green he was painted and his vest looked like a life preserver. I don't recall being scared off when Firefly was released.

No one is or has ever been "scared" off a toy forum. Regardless of everyone's scary names (mine included), I don't believe I'd be scared of anyone on this site, virtually, or in person. It's not about being scared. It's about sharing. I don't know about the rest of you, but in my non-internet life, I don't share my collection with people who wouldn't appreciate or enjoy it. Because what's the point? The same goes for this forum. There's no point sharing pics or discussing mods with people who don't like the figure in the first place. That's why people aren't bothering to post.

Back to Destro. His legs are a little thin, but it's exaggerated by the extra length. It limits the poses you can put him in, because some poses accentuate that thinness. On my shelves, I don't have the space to put my figures in very dynamic poses, so it's not an issue for me. I do really like the extra height though. Nice to have him looking over the Commander!

im about to buy destro or ss v2 just want u guys to point me to the right one..

My vote would be for Destro. I just got my Destro and I really like him. I think the naysayers really over did it this time. He is a solid figure and looks good next to the Baroness. If I would change one thing about him, it would just be to give him bigger arms.

I vote for Destro.
I like the V2 Storm Shadow better but between the two exclusives, Destro's excl. is best and a can't miss item.

I also own one of Spider's 88 Storm Shadow suits which is 100X better than Sideshow's version (sideshow's V2 Storm Shadow is still pretty cool imo).

Back