1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DAMN YOU SIDESHOW, WHY?!?!
Destro10.png

Disastro arrived. At some point I'm gonna have to open this sumbich and double-facepalm at the miraculous fumble of arguably one of the easiest designs to re-create that wound up being this fluster cuck.

Here's my 2 pennies worth, How come no one seems to get that the standard head is based on the Cartoon version of Destro and the EX head is based on the Comic one? Yeah the eyebrow is raised but that's how he was in the series. As a "Commanding look" I think he looks cool although I think the majority of collectors will swap it out for the Ex head as it just looks like a more quality piece with the 3 piece design. The more I read each thread about the SSC Joe line the more I just see people just hating any kind of "Artistic licence" that has gone into it by Sideshow. I now own 18 figures in the line and each has a certain quality or gimmick to make it stand out. If these figures were truly just 1/6th scale versions of the original 3 3/4 scale figures I wouldn't have bothered with any! Literally for the last 100 pages all that I'm reading is about how crap the standard head looks, how crap his suit looks, how crap his case is, blah blah blah, If you don't like it just don't buy it! I joined this site to see how the community was responding to these figures but to be honest all this negativity just makes me want to go back to collecting in private and keeping any opinion I have to myself! Surely if Sideshow themselves were to read back though this thread it'd start them thinking that maybe the Joe line should be fazed out? Which I really hope doesn't happen! I'm not done giving them my money yet!

:goodpost::clap

ydunuba8.jpg

Took about 30 min and lots of neck modification but got him on a ttm-20 and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best idea yet. Do all the clothes fit on without busting the seams? I dig your collection. Any shots with ex sculpt?

Best idea yet. Do all the clothes fit on without busting the seams? I dig your collection. Any shots with ex sculpt?

All clothes fit fine however neck mod is a lot of work. If there's an interest, I will gladly share my process. Ex head is in the box and looks way to big for my taste. If u want I can take a pic and show it this weekend. Dealing with 2 sick kids so not much time to do that until maybe they are in bed. Let me know. Thanks for the kind words fellas.

All clothes fit fine however neck mod is a lot of work. If there's an interest, I will gladly share my process. Ex head is in the box and looks way to big for my taste. If u want I can take a pic and show it this weekend. Dealing with 2 sick kids so not much time to do that until maybe they are in bed. Let me know. Thanks for the kind words fellas.

Thanks.
If there is any chance I buy this figure it would need to be ported to a completely different body. Yours is the best looking Destro. Curious to know how to cut the neck off a ttm 20 for him.

Not a $200 figure. Not even close. Still, some of the accessories are pretty rad, and that hey fits perfectly. The body suuuuuuuuucks.....

Here's my 2 pennies worth, How come no one seems to get that the standard head is based on the Cartoon version of Destro and the EX head is based on the Comic one? Yeah the eyebrow is raised but that's how he was in the series. As a "Commanding look" I think he looks cool although I think the majority of collectors will swap it out for the Ex head as it just looks like a more quality piece with the 3 piece design. The more I read each thread about the SSC Joe line the more I just see people just hating any kind of "Artistic licence" that has gone into it by Sideshow. I now own 18 figures in the line and each has a certain quality or gimmick to make it stand out. If these figures were truly just 1/6th scale versions of the original 3 3/4 inch figures I wouldn't have bothered with any! Literally for the last 100 pages all that I'm reading is about how crap the standard head looks, how crap his suit looks, how crap his case is, blah blah blah, If you don't like it just don't buy it! I joined this site to see how the community was responding to these figures but to be honest all this negativity just makes me want to go back to collecting in private and keeping any opinion I have to myself! Surely if Sideshow themselves were to read back though this thread it'd start them thinking that maybe the Joe line should be fazed out? Which I really hope doesn't happen! I'm not done giving them my money yet!

^^^ Wisdom...

Not a $200 figure. Not even close. Still, some of the accessories are pretty rad, and that hey fits perfectly. The body suuuuuuuuucks.....

With close attention I reckon one could get this figure for $50 off. Bringing it to a $130 figure. Which is more accurate.

Back