1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol
They can kill the line tomorrow, my Joes aren't going anywhere, I'll be here waiting for the next project someone does.

The reg sculpt is a Destro who either suffered a stroke or bell's palsy.

LOL :lol I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! This has to be the most ridiculous looking 1:6 figure EVER! Yeah, Disastro has officially KILLED this line. Way to be a showstopper Sideshow! :slap

:rolleyes2 I disagree,but you can't please some of the folks here

They can kill the line tomorrow, my Joes aren't going anywhere, I'll be here waiting for the next project someone does.

I am curious if the line does die what it will do to prices. This is the only 1/6th stuff I've ever collected. Has anyone seem the demise if a similar line? Do prices increase due to lack of production or decrease bc people start unloading them? Regardless I'm hanging on to mine for awhile and excited to add destro to my ranks. He's not exactly what I'd like but he's not the abomination the drama queens are making him out to be either.

It's so sad :crying that Destro will be the last GI Joe/Cobra from Sideshow. Going out with a whimper. :ohbfrank:

If SSC was hoping this reviewer would help sell some units they are sorely mistaken. I've never seen worse photos from a reviewer before.

This should help...

Destro stands 12 inches tall (thoughts of emasculation much?) and the first thing you’ll likely admire is his wardrobe – us guys are supposed to notice such things, right? Destro’s signature long overcoat and red mane is perfectly realized in this legit hand-tailored attire. In addition, his black cargo pants, bad-guy vest, muscle undershirt and knee-high boots.

Weak.

He's not exactly what I'd like but he's not the abomination the drama queens are making him out to be either.

Overstating our dislike of the figure so that you can smear us as overreacting will not make this figure any less unimpressive. I'm sure lots of people with lukewarm opinions think he's just fine. I'm glad you got a mediocre figure to satisfy your mediocre sense of taste. We wanted a great figure. We didn't get it. That's not dramatic. It's honest and a sign of integrity to our expectations as devout fans.

However, trying to stir the pot by taking shots at us for that? You like drama, or what?

It's so sad :crying that Destro will be the last GI Joe/Cobra from Sideshow. Going out with a whimper. :ohbfrank:

the ONLY way that Destro will be the last figure is if Sideshow has NOTHING to show next month at SDCC

I'm still hoping that the line doesn't end with this figure. I hope that Sideshow can make a flip of things and recover from this weak release. I'm not really a card art purist and I love some of the updates they have made on some of the characters but to me this one didn't really worked. I know the issues of the Gimp outfit and Disco Destro that some of us are expecting but clearly Sideshow didn't take more time on developing a good design update for Destro and I'm guessing Sideshow got lazy and rushed on releasing Destro in order to fill in the higher ranks of Cobra with the release of the new CC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't wait to find out how heavy the "normal/Arnie" sculpt is when I go into my backyard and chuck it as far as I possibly can.....

perfect!

Destro12.jpg$_57.JPG

Overstating our dislike of the figure so that you can smear us as overreacting will not make this figure any less unimpressive. I'm sure lots of people with lukewarm opinions think he's just fine. I'm glad you got a mediocre figure to satisfy your mediocre sense of taste. We wanted a great figure. We didn't get it. That's not dramatic. It's honest and a sign of integrity to our expectations as devout fans.

However, trying to stir the pot by taking shots at us for that? You like drama, or what?

No drama incitement required. If you don't like the figure that's your prerogative and stating it one or two times is fine but coming back to repetitively bash it just gives me more **** to read through when all I really want to see is release updates, product images, and figure tweaks that people have made. AND, Does anyone recall seeing anything about if the rockets and grenades on the gauntlets are detachable?

Sideshow gave us a Crimson Cobra Commander as an exclusive figure for SDCC 2009 :) I was thinking if this year we will be getting this for the comic-con exclusive haha.

GiJoe25thSeries4DestroIronGrenadierFront.jpg

Hoping that they really show us some new Joe figures this coming july on SDCC.

Last edited:
No drama incitement required. If you don't like the figure that's your prerogative and stating it one or two times is fine but coming back to repetitively bash it just gives me more **** to read through when all I really want to see is release updates, product images, and figure tweaks that people have made. AND, Does anyone recall seeing anything about if the rockets and grenades on the gauntlets are detachable?

I agree,but some in here think if they complain a little harder,Sideshow will make changes just for them :lol
In the end,Sideshow really could care less what we think

I'm sorry for your loss.

Eh,it's your loss really...this figure is going to be great in hand....that review likely doesn't do the figure justice.Wait for the better reviews

Back