1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan to make my head sculpt and picking up parts from there release of destro. Im sure it will be parted out sometime.

Theres been maybe 30ish Destro figures in the past 30years... make one of the heads look like the one they've produced on over 20of those heads. Theres a reason they keep going back to it, Destro is cool. It doesn't really boil down to 80s card art for me, I've already stated I'd love for them to do a moneybags Destro.

Take of the rivets & the exclusive is almost exactly the same.
Cant wait for him, the last one I will buy.

Not so much.

destro.jpg

26181-destro-001.jpg

Yeah no. Not even close. The least they could have done was vac-metal chrome the head.

Wouldn't the chrome come off after a while though? At least that's the problem I've always had with vac-metal items.

as soon as i find the right fabric..one of us will be making and offering up a more classic suit...this was just a test/wip to see if i liked it or not...

destro1_zps09b757fa.jpg

it's close to what they did on this bust....
41SZCPK50SL_zps37bb0c37.jpg

any thoughts? check out(And let me know) on my suit thread..would love to see what you guys think..
thanks!

Cant wait for him, the last one I will buy.

I'll give u this, without the rivets, it would probably be passable enough to put it into 'no big deal' territory, but for me it always goes back to, if you're doing 2 heads just have one be a classic head.

as soon as i find the right fabric..one of us will be making and offering up a more classic suit...this was just a test/wip to see if i liked it or not...

destro1_zps09b757fa.jpg

it's close to what they did on this bust....
41SZCPK50SL_zps37bb0c37.jpg

any thoughts? check out(And let me know) on my suit thread..would love to see what you guys think..
thanks!
You'd have to dig back in the thread or hopefully people repost their thoughts, but there were some damn good thoughts on a classic suit earlier. As I remember the jist was to not have the opening as low as the belly and tone down the size of the collar while trying to hit its proportions. Hopefully others will chime in cause this could be an epic design.

That bust is great, look how bad ass his arms look, really wish that kind of detail was available in 1/6th, but ill take the limitations that come with being able to pose and play over that any day. :lol

yea..it was me and my suit..and yea..the cut is too low..but it was just a test....and id still have to work out the collar..but have faith....little grasshopper...check out my suit thread for some ideas...

A leather biker jacket with a red, vintage style collar would have made me perfectly happy. The regular head is something I could deal with, even if the plates and rivets are completely pointless.

I'm using a Hot Toys TTM-20 muscle body for mine and put the Snake Eyes zip sweater on it and it looks great, just need to figure out how to make the red collar and, of course, the head. Hopefully one of you guys can provide an kick-ass custom sculpt.

Try a matte vinyl i saw 4 way stretch on ebay.
it looks like leather on the figure and it is supper thin. anything else and it will look cheap.

Is he still expected to ship in May or did he get pushed back? Sideshow site still lists May as the expected ship date...

Still nothing intimidating or cool about this figure. He's more like a glorified Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz.

LOL yes i didnt order him either I only want the weapons ,gauntlets and necklace.

Back