1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They didn't get much right on this one. I might be more okay with the other changes if they didn't get the jacket so wrong. Really stupid jacket.

Why the hell can't SSC understand what collectors want from this line? Give us a very faithful recreation of the original figure, then add additional things to modernize them; not change key character design features like they did with the leisure suit jacket or the segmented plate head.

I understand that some people would like it, I mean SSC could sell anything (regardless of any issues) to some folk, but I'm sorry, I don't see how disliking the retarded riveted head and terry cloth leisure suit look means that people has anything to do with "not liking updated looks". I personally don't mind updates if they look good, I just don't see anything that looked good in that preview pic. :dunno

Don't forget the lack of chromed head in lieu of the cheap silver painted one. They should NOT get away with that, either.

Sideshow, 90% of all Joe collectors want classic ARAH designs. Figure it out!

Waiting for the day that this actually gets the attention of someone important.

There was a time when I didn't care so much with the "updated" look in fact I was pretty endorsing of it, but some serious lines have been crossed and all these designs are too far left for me.

We need a relaunch of this line.

I guess just wait till version 2 Destro in 2018 :)

Snake eyes got two
CC got two
Storm Shadow will get two

still think this will come with the chrome head as the second portrait

as much as I think SS blows as a company these days, cant believe they would be that dumb to **** this up

Waiting for the full reveal this week

I actually was THRILLED when I saw the new Cobra Commander and PO'd day one. At least they got him 90% right to the original source material. Destro however is a mess and a missed opportunity. The worst part is his outfit and cheap "painted" jewel aside from the bolts in his head sculpt. I mean really, WTH is with that ugly gigantic black sweatshirt and fuzzy fleece jacket? He looks like he's swimming in his cheap clothes and he should retail alongside Barbie for $19.95 :(
To be honest, I actually prefer the Bradstreet CC, simply because he just fits in with the overall look of my Viper fire-team, whereas the new version would look painfully out of place among them. The same would probably go for this Destro over a 100% 1983 card-accurate version.

I guess just wait till version 2 Destro in 2018 :)

Snake eyes got two
CC got two
Storm Shadow will get two

SS 2.0 had a "sneak peek" today on FB. Top left corner of the image. :wink1:

Though looking at Destro, SS 2.0'll probably come in a pink Geisha Kimono and Kabuki make-up and the newbs will praise the "updated look" while trolling us for not getting it or being too stern about the vintage look.

Back