1/6 SSC - A Nightmare on Elm Street: Freddy Krueger Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The unboxing video bummed me out a bit. The fedora really should have been removable. Or at least not sit so high. But I am glad that at least I'll have a freddy 1/6 to fill in the gap in my shelf that Imhave had waiting for him.

I dont think it looks bad at all. Looks like the proto. And the hat not being removable- they would have shown that pic in the PO. At least thats my thought.

I would love to see other efforts for comparison. But to me this is fine.

But really why not have the hat be removable? Just an odd choice to make it permanently affixed to the sculpt. Same with Jason and his mask. At least with that they'd have had some excuse to not want to sculpt his face (even though it's there) but this would just be sculpting the top of Freddy's head.

I dig it. It needs a little futzing and some dirt but as a whole, looks pretty close to the proto. The hat brim is too thick but that's pretty normal for all hats in this scale.

Looks great, only bummer is the hat, freddy usually always wore it way down to the ears , cant wait for tips to come from freaks here to make his skin and wounds look wet

Yeah just watched it also kinda is a pretty shoddy figure! Again much like beetlejuice price is not justified look at ash and that came with a fair amount.

Freddy is a huge let down! You can't even remove the hat..... I don't even think the sculpt is that great! They should of gone with dream warriors again or part 1.

Huge disappointment glad I didn't order! :slap

We should get a custom with the power glove :rotfl

Here's my current Freddy. I know I want the sweater, gloves and burned hands from the SSC. Boots and pants are a maybe. Body not sure. As it looks right now I'm keeping my current Head with the removable hat. Wondering if it would be best just to part this one out... IMG_20170821_124420_893.jpg
b430bd9e7ae608561a09aa69f3901f9f.jpg
IMG_20170821_124806_221.jpg
0d7fa970a46b7ab84c4144315ef6e71a.jpg
78bc36be9010e038ad3eaa9f2cc3a860.jpg
ffd6d1be9480375c3a76179d6f7116bf.jpg
5000cfc813bdc8a31c1b81f5625c3200.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah something off with the paint on this guy sculpt isn't bad pretty close to proto but not digging it sadly as much as the Jason. I'll wait for more pics before I make my final decision.

I think it looks pretty nice, better than the previous attempts in all ways except I think I do like the dream warrior sculpt a little more. The hat does look a bit plasticity and plain, that's the biggest gripe I would have with the figure I think.

Im gonnna pass though, I have a couple SilentSurfer customs that completely satisfy Freddy in my 1/6 colelction..

I think he'll look pretty rad on a shelf with Jason and Ash. I agree about the paint, hatand sweater though.

If I didn't getJason and Ash I would probably have passed.

I just came across this 1/4 scale noes 3 figure at Toys R Us.

Have to say, I would way rather spend the money on this (at less then half the price of the SSC figure)

9ffefe1937f5ed0d00ae13d408ba20b7.jpg

Yeah that honestly is the better looking figure. I wouldn't want 1/4th but the Neca figure overall is better if you ask me.

A couple things about that video (and I do like Collectible Spot reviews!). To start, as far as the color is concerned... I think his White Balance is off. For those who aren't photographers, not only is lighting crucial, but each type of lighting has its own temperature which in pics/videos affects the color. When the white balance is set correctly on the camera, colors look as they should. When you look at his recent vids that show his SS Jason, you'll notice that Jason's shirt looks substantially more brown than the figure in-hand (which is more of a green). Because of that, Freddy's sweater also looks like it has brown/black stripes instead of green, and it likely has an impact on the color of the face/hands as well.
As far as the hat is concerned, I'm thinking it's a no-win situation. First off, SS never said that hat was removable, so I figure no one should be surprised by that. Second, 1/6 fedora-style hats seem to be a tough thing to do well. When they are removable, they are invariably too big or look off (even the HT Indiana Jones isn't quite right). I can only guess that it's because material used to make the hat would have to have some elasticity to it to make it look right. But on the other hand, if they are part of the sculpt, people complain that it isn't removable. The best option would have been if SS had included 2 sculpts (hat on, and hat off). I'm still looking forward to getting this in hand!

A couple things about that video (and I do like Collectible Spot reviews!). To start, as far as the color is concerned... I think his White Balance is off. For those who aren't photographers, not only is lighting crucial, but each type of lighting has its own temperature which in pics/videos affects the color. When the white balance is set correctly on the camera, colors look as they should. When you look at his recent vids that show his SS Jason, you'll notice that Jason's shirt looks substantially more brown than the figure in-hand (which is more of a green). Because of that, Freddy's sweater also looks like it has brown/black stripes instead of green, and it likely has an impact on the color of the face/hands as well.
As far as the hat is concerned, I'm thinking it's a no-win situation. First off, SS never said that hat was removable, so I figure no one should be surprised by that. Second, 1/6 fedora-style hats seem to be a tough thing to do well. When they are removable, they are invariably too big or look off (even the HT Indiana Jones isn't quite right). I can only guess that it's because material used to make the hat would have to have some elasticity to it to make it look right. But on the other hand, if they are part of the sculpt, people complain that it isn't removable. The best option would have been if SS had included 2 sculpts (hat on, and hat off). I'm still looking forward to getting this in hand!

Agreed.
One of HT's better hats, even though the brim was too short, was the Nicholson Joker hat. It appeared to be vacu-formed. Wouldn't work for this or the other fedoras because of the taper.

I agree that hats are tough. But at least if it had been removable, you'd have more display options to hide size errors... Also, if the hat is too large or small and it is separate, you'd at least be able to look for an alternative.

I actually think the DX05 Indy hat would have been a nice start for a Freddy hat. I wonder what the SSC sculpt looks like under the hat :p

Back