1/6 SSC - A Nightmare on Elm Street: Freddy Krueger Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While nice looking, it's just not in the same league as a mixed media 1/6 scale figure. Even as flat at the SS figure appears in that particular video, it has far more life to it than the sculpted toys r us figure.
I don't think you're being fair to the Neca figure personally. Yeah it's in a different category being an action figure more as opposed to a collectible but it still looks incredibly good. Sure you can maybe chalk some things up to the fact that it's bigger in scale so more detail can be brought out particularly in the head sculpt, but the paint is also clearly better if you ask me. Like a lot of Sideshow efforts their Freddy just feels half baked. It's like they want us to think they're bringing us these high end collectibles but a lot of times they don't look that good in comparison to what other manufacturers are bringing us. It feels like they're always a couple steps behind.

I don't think you're being fair to the Neca figure personally.

I think that some people just dump on 'lesser' or 'cheaper' brands just because. I for one appreciate NECA, SOTA and the like, and collect them as well.

As far as this SS release, there is just one being reviewed (great review though). I really hate that the hat is not removable, but I am still excited to receive mine.

Even playing Devil's advocate, I struggle to find the reasoning of them gluing (and incorrectly placing) the hat to the head. Is it just so they don't have to spend time (money) on painting the top of the head?

It's just..........dumb.

its not dumb at all. its smart from a biz decision. however it is horribly lazy and insulting to collectors. but this is SS. that is their specialty.

Every time a figure comes out with a removeable hat (of this type), people complain about it. Too big, too small, not shaped right, etc., etc. A removeable hat never seems to be a good idea. What they really should have done is a separate headsculpt (with no hat), and maybe a different expression...

Every time a figure comes out with a removeable hat (of this type), people complain about it. Too big, too small, not shaped right, etc., etc. A removeable hat never seems to be a good idea. What they really should have done is a separate headsculpt (with no hat), and maybe a different expression...

Agreed but then the price would be $250+ and then people wouldn't like that. Its probably the reason companies dont take advice from consumers. It will always be a no win situation for the company so might as well avoid the drama and make the way they want and let the chips fall where they may.

This is a repeat of all the issues with Jason....

Seriously SS is off my list as a supplier and creator.....

Way over priced for what you get.....quality and Price.

Cannot wait to see the QC issues with this one....and the excuses that follow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smaller lighter box , shipping $18.89

while wonder woman , doctor strange, and endoskeleton all were $10.00 bigger heavier boxes

:/

smaller lighter box , shipping $18.89

while wonder woman , doctor strange, and endoskeleton all were $10.00 bigger heavier boxes

:/

I noticed that too. I feel like they wait to give shipping prices at the end so they can adjust their profit margin if need be.

100359_press04.jpg

100359_press05.jpg

100359_press07.jpg

100359_press08.jpg

100359_press09.jpg

100359_press10.jpg

Its says nightmare 3 dream warriors

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Ah i see it now thanks,

Looks great to me then.

Based on his appearance in A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors, Freddy Krueger has a fully detailed fabric costume, including his iconic striped sweater which is appropriately weathered.

MV5BMmI2YWNhOWYtNmNkNC00MDA0LWI2MWUtZjE0NzZiNTFiZDc2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzM4MjM0Nzg@._V1_.jpg

Its says nightmare 3 dream warriors

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Back