1/6 spawn figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huge Spawn fan from waaaay back...still have a bunch on display, you can see them if you click my man cave link below.

Even painted a couple faux bronze. Used to photograph them a bunch too. But Spawn's day has come & gone, the interest is pretty low on a large scale, & Todd is too much of a pinhead to license out to others right now...MAYBE if he actually gets another movie made...or other the animated series he's been talking about for almost 10 YEARS...but i doubt it.

DSCN0449.jpg

spawn_fire.jpg

The last Spawn series was released in 2008...and it sucked. He has released some limited edition statues over the last couple of years, some 8" and a couple 12"...and he has a 12" curse of the spawn statue scheduled for PO August 18.

https://www.spawn.com/news/news6.aspx?id=13868

curse_statue_product_01_cl.jpg

Last edited:
^I like the Curse, but if I'm going to drop the dough it'll be on the traditional Al Simmons red cape, chains spread hissy symbiote costume Spawn.

Always thought this pic would be a sick statue.

The last Spawn series was released in 2008...and it sucked. He has released some limited edition statues over the last couple of years, some 8" and a couple 12"...and he has a 12" curse of the spawn statue scheduled for PO August 18.

https://www.spawn.com/news/news6.aspx?id=13868

curse_statue_product_01_cl.jpg

Even though I know nothing of the curse of spawn character, I do remember owning the line of figures he came from, he was one of my favorites, but after that is when the spawn line started to take a dive. it got pretty bad. But agree with the poster above me, it's all the original red cape and black costume spawn. I'm surprised to see they are still making spawn comics. Is it still about Al Simmons?

Actually nvm, I remember some of my favorite spawn figures came from series 9-15, some of those lines I had all of the figures. I loved the manga spawn lines, I had a love of robots so combining spawn with robots was awesome to me, still is. After that they became glorified action figure statues, they had no articulation and I lost all interest at that point, I didn't want spawn statues.

Last edited:
Nope. Al turned bad and the new spawn is Jim downing.

what the hell? are you serious? I didn't get that far in the comics, Al going bad just seems to go against the entire reason of what made spawn so cool, he was a big F you to higher ups, you can't control me, almost like how Todd probably felt when he left marvel to do his own thing.

How did Al go bad anyways, didn't he kill Malbolgia? (SP?)

i haven't read a comic book in ages (try being a geek in greece) but i will order a bunch of them through lone star comics (new monthly releases,spawn,old comics like rom the spaceknight etc) but after he became god and destroyed the universe and then recreated it he went bad,he became omega spawn and now he wants the destruction of the universe.I'm not sure though.Try wikipedia.

what the hell? are you serious? I didn't get that far in the comics, Al going bad just seems to go against the entire reason of what made spawn so cool, he was a big F you to higher ups, you can't control me, almost like how Todd probably felt when he left marvel to do his own thing.

How did Al go bad anyways, didn't he kill Malbolgia? (SP?)

From what I remember he used to beat on his wife and stuff he just remembered that after Armeggedon so he blew his head off again and he's more like a soul stuck in limbo right now I don't think he's bad in fact he might be becoming more heroic than ever

Spawn is a cool character, but whaddya guys think of Haunt? I don't know much about him but he's till an interesting design.

Yeah, if there are ever going to be new Spawn figs it will be through TMP. Todd won't let anyone else do them

A HT 1/6 DX movie version of Spawn would be the center peice of my collection!

The possibilites... if only

Sign me up for either SS or HT version. Loved the charater. Al was always a tagic figure in a lot of ways. McFarlane kind of lost sight of that.

Sign me up for either SS or HT version. Loved the charater. Al was always a tagic figure in a lot of ways. McFarlane kind of lost sight of that.

:exactly:

Never got the Medicom.....bought the "angel wings" McFarlance 1/6th scale....but I totally agree.....I would definitely be interested in 1/6 Hot Toys.....

A 1/6 ht version from the movie would be sick! The comic would be the best choice but an ht movie version would be more likely.

Back