1/6 Smiling David Boreanaz Head Sculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hadn't seen the original thread. I like Shai, but after the throbbing manhood of Hulk he posted toward someone here, I can't see how that sculpture warranted those comments.
If anyone is in contact with willowswarlock, can you find out if there is a way to contact him about sculpting work. If you look past whatever may bother you in that piece, those headsculpts are fantastic!!

Not to bring this up again or drag it out - but the thread about the Spangelus statue is still up. The piece itself got favorable response. However a couple of less enlightened members posted some homophobic comments about the subject matter.

However a couple of less enlightened members posted some homophobic comments about the subject matter.

There's an understatement:confused:......

I'm surprised that thread hasn't been deleted.

It should be, as I don't think it shows this board in a particularly good light.

By the way, thanks for your PM and I will be replying to you later on when I have a bit more time. I greatly appreciate the thought. :eek:

Last edited:
ok I just read through the whole thread. That's just embarrassing the 'young intolerant teenager' style responses the piece was getting. whatever you think of the subject matter... (and seriously, if something 'offends' you... then just don't look at it. It's simple really) .... the sculpting, painting, everything... was just superb.

If I was him I'd be considering whether to not post here anymore either. I'm ashamed at the reactions that got.

Narrow minded idiots :dunno

Yep, you said it love.

It's too late for this particular person and his work, but I hope we never have the embarrassment of something like that happening to any other member ever again.

I am not shocked and surprised by that thread. I'm afraid a few members of the forum think that living in Kurgania makes it necessary for them to be macho homophobes. These people probably like George W.
I have a son like that. He won't watch Torchwood because men kiss each other in it. The mitigating factor is that he is 10 years old!
The piece of work is brilliant by the way and we need great sculptors like Willowswarlock.
Well done on standing up for him so well Sue!

Does he have his own site that he can be contacted through? :confused:

No he doesn't just that other posting board that I told you about. I imagine he's going to stick to posting his work on that from now on, and maybe under the circumstances thats a wise move. He's PM'd me over there and so he knows whats gone on here since then.

Well done on standing up for him so well Sue!

Aww, thanks love. I just hate seeing ignorance and insults thrown at anyone. Someone had to make a stand, especially as nobody else seemed to be interested in stepping in until the artist in question had turned up. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I left the thread because I felt that the statue was interesting to those that normally post in Whedonville. I didn't felt like I needed to edit the reason it was posted because we try to err on the side of less censorship.

Well I have to say on this occasion, and seeing how things turned out I disagree with your decision.

But rather then let this topic drag on even further I'll explain further in PM at a later date.

I have to say I agree with Dave on this one. I'm glad I got the chance to see the piece of work... also the thread serves as a reminder of how grown ups are NOT supposed to behave, whilst allowing people to see who was posting the intolerant comments, and who wasn't. (not the whole board is as childish... and I think it's important to let that be known)

Leave the thread where it is :)

I may have misread Dave's intent.

But I don't think thats the reason he's leaving it there. Please correct me If I'm wrong, but I think he just didn't think that what they did was worth either censoring or deleting as it was just a couple of people bashing the work, not the person.

I just think it serves as a testament to show folks how not to behave with others on a place like this, and that it also shows how far other posters can push things before they get stopped. Which sadly in this case was one step too far in my opinion. :confused:

17114d1257963711-necropost-warning-.jpg

Hey
I know this thread was bumped and then pin head came :O
but i thought, since its open, i may as well post a reply

I am still working on sculpts etc. and i have been posting work here. despite what happened in an earlier thread

BUT i can dig out this sculpt and rework it if people are still interested

Wayne

Back