1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FedEx just tried to sting me on this. Charging over double the amount. Almost £60 in fees, £50 of that being VAT. Yeah, cause this was really a £250 item.

Paid less to get HT Luke in.

They're obviously employing people who can't do simple math calculations.

Not math is their problem. Greed is.

Not math is their problem. Greed is.

Not greed. Stupidity and lack of care.

This is a very common problem in the UK. Customs add 20% VAT (plus carrier handling fee) to your item. They should convert the foreign currency to GB pounds before charging, they often don't bother and treat the "dollar" price as "pounds".

That's bad enough, but you get something shipped with a value in HK dollars or Yen and you are seriously fooked :horror I've known friends get customs rape charges for hundreds of pounds when it should be like £20-£30!!

Makes me mad. Just do your job ****** bags!!

Thinking about picking up a snowtrooper or boba FETT. Which would you guys that have both say is a better figure in hand?

Snowtrooper. Without a doubt.
Agreed. Boba's the one figure I've bought in the last year that I'm pretty sure I'll be selling. While I don't yet own the Snowtrooper, it photographs so well that I feel confident it's more-or-less a homerun figure. I'd certainly trade Boba for it in a heartbeat.

Couldn't resist picking up another one at the local shop. I switched out my hasbro. Love these figures.
Snowie2.jpg

Anyone have a Hasbro snowtrooper that can take a pic of both side by side? tempted to get one for the cannon.. paying an extra 150 for the same figure isn't worth it for me..

Agreed. Boba's the one figure I've bought in the last year that I'm pretty sure I'll be selling. While I don't yet own the Snowtrooper, it photographs so well that I feel confident it's more-or-less a homerun figure. I'd certainly trade Boba for it in a heartbeat.

even thou i have both figures and without a doubt both are classic in star wars, i have to agree with you guys on snowy comes out better by far off, alot of guys previously have said the chest plate on boba looks kinda weird compare to the one medicom launch and with alittle modification with blow dryer will look better, Snowy already look good fresh out from the box..

The polite...

The not so polite...

:lol

It's a plastic mail bag/envelope. It's special white plastic that is way thicker than normal plastic bags and is screen printed with grey ink on the back, so it feels quite good, and light doesn't come through.
It also wrinkles/creases very well, so it's perfect to get the scale in.

photo-69_zps552209ad.jpg

Oh man, we need an update on this project!

The more I look at this figure and take shots of it...the more I'm inclined to say it's simply one of Sideshow's best...

SNOWTROOPER-12_zps760edc44.jpg

Yes...there are little "issues" I read about in here that folks bring up and while they may be worth bringing up, it doesn't take away (at least for me) from how awesome this figure is....

SNOWTROOPER-11_zps12e62aee.jpg

It's just been terrific to see how Sideshow keeps moving forward with the quality in this scale....

SNOWTROOPER-13_zps9f3a0ea1.jpg

I've been very pleased with the last several Sixth-Scale figures from Sideshow...they've been on a great roll lately. Looking forward to more...I hope some of them are "Hoth-related", because if this Trooper is any indication of what's ahead....I say "bring it on"!

There are 3 red square buttons on top of each other on the chest armor of the figure, but on the real armor suit the middle one was white:
Thats not a white button on the suit in the pic you provided, thats a missing button. Probably where the red cover fell off.

Anyone have a Hasbro snowtrooper that can take a pic of both side by side? tempted to get one for the cannon.. paying an extra 150 for the same figure isn't worth it for me..

Hasbro Snowie doesn't look to bad manning the E-Web. Here's the comparisons.

Snowie4.jpg

Snowie2.jpg

Snow3-1.jpg

Snow4.jpg

Snow5.jpg

I've gotten a few PM on this so here it is. I changed out my face shield with vinyl and I have a lot left over. If anyone is interested I can cut out the pattern and weather it for you for $5.00 shipped.

100_2548_zps34f4507e.jpg

100_2562_zps66b904c3.jpg

That looks really great! Though I think Hasbro actually got the shape right over SSC - the bottom of the flap/shield looks to be straight, not curved, in the reference pics. Hasbro one is too long though.

Thats why I hate freaks so picky. LOL
I see what your saying I just looked at some pic and your right. I also found a pattern for it. I'll mess around with this tonight while I'm at work.
So once I get it right I can put you down for 10 right Swsqueakquels:pfft:

Back