1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pros: looks better than SSC. Fits easily. You may mod it further for more accurate appearance. Inexpensive.

Cons: not weathered. Slightly undersized. Lateral seam. Sculpted cowl.

Matrix: great job with the shopping bag use for the cowl -

Ended up repainting my sideshow lenses....using the ht one as a guide, just painted over the upper 'eyelid area'

May use some apoxie sculpt to smooth it out. DSCN0011.jpg

Used Tamiya translucent green but from most shots, it looks black - which is perfect

Ps, one of these days, gonna make sure to take pics without deodorant props - lol

Ended up repainting my sideshow lenses....using the ht one as a guide, just painted over the upper 'eyelid area'

May use some apoxie sculpt to smooth it out. View attachment 357456

Used Tamiya translucent green but from most shots, it looks black - which is perfect

Ps, one of these days, gonna make sure to take pics without deodorant props - lol

ah come on no old spice in the back ground:lol

it's just the Bandai helmet. I got it for a very cheap price, less than 10 EUR shipped and I thought I would give it a go.

View attachment 353833

Now I want to replace the cowl (sculpted) with a bigger and flexible one (made with that plastic UPS envelope....)

May use some apoxie sculpt to smooth it out. View attachment 357456

Nice work guys :clap At the risk of sounding like a heretic, overall I prefer the SS snowy over HT :dunno

for me it's mostly about the size and shape of the helmet.

I just seem have this proportions imprinted onto my memory.... rather than the ANH hero ones. This look closer to my minds memory.

I never noticed any difference at all in the whites, sorry..!

If you talk about the snowie, yes the Bandai helmet is a off on the whites.

for me it's mostly about the size and shape of the helmet.

I just seem have this proportions imprinted onto my memory.... rather than the ANH hero ones. This look closer to my minds memory.

I never noticed any difference at all in the whites, sorry..!

If you talk about the snowie, yes the Bandai helmet is a off on the whites.

Better repaint a Sandtrooper helmet and then you'll have a better option than RO Stormie

you are probably right!

But I lack the time, means, and talent to do that!

Plus the RO 'clean' helmet cost me 40 usd shipped, not too bad.

haha thanks for being honest.

I can see your point. However I still prefer it to the Sideshow!

The Snowtrooper lid there looks better than the stock SSC. At least the eyes do.

I intend to get a HT helmet for my SSC Snowie or at least get someone to mod my existing lid or find someone to sell a modded one. If I don't find an option till December, I'll sell my SSC Snowtrooper and just keep my 2 HT ones.

For the collectors who added a HT Snowie helmet on a Sideshow body, how did you do it? Did you use the original neck peg and modify it? Something else?

Sideshow Snowtrooper figure with Hot Toys helmet - comparison to a Hot Toys Snowie. In my opinion the Sideshow figure looks pretty cool, decently accurate, but the original helmet with tiny eyes and weirdly shaped cowl is the worst part part of this figure. Thus I got a separate HT helmet, because I decided to keep the Sideshow figure as well:

Hot_Toys_Sideshow_Snowtroopers_01.jpg

Back