1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're referring to the Sandtroopers I did, right? As there's no other weathering on the snows.

No weathering on the snowies??? You mean mine look like that? Wow, props to Sideshow then, I thought you darkened the snowsuit a bit and stuff.

I've never seen your sandies, I'll have to look now.

No weathering on the snowies??? You mean mine look like that? Wow, props to Sideshow then, I thought you darkened the snowsuit a bit and stuff.

I think I posted some iPhone pics of my Marmits in the Show Us Your Troops thread. Still tweaking those and don't consider them absolutely finished. My snow trooper photos have the contrast slightly boosted which is what you're probably seeing, but yeah...they're pretty weathered. The look changes depending on lighting and display area...my floors happen to be a perfect match and there are bright LED potlights in the ceiling.

Thanks man. I actually just sent Chakaman a full tutorial on what I did...maybe when he gets the PM he can post the text here, since I can't seem to see it in my "Sent" items.

Short version: Matte finish adhesive craft vinyl with the paper backing left on for structure/stiffness. Painted in titanium white pigment with yellow ochre pigment powder for weathering, satin varnish.

There are a few more steps but I'll wait to see if Chakaman can post my message before typing it all out again...when I'm supposed to be moving a mattress. Instead of hanging out here. :monkey3

Sorry, just now seeing this post. I got sidetracked with "real life" this afternoon. :)

Your Snowtroopers are the best I have seen. Thanks again for helping me out with this mod. I am really looking forward to upgrading mine.

My exclusive snowie arrived in the mail today. I'm super stoked I picked him up overall but the trigger finger hand do not grip the guns firmly at all, I can get him to hold onto the E-11 if it's pointed anywhere above his waist but forget about him holding the exclusive rifle!!! The damn thing pretty much jumps out of his hands. Can his hands be reshaped to make a tighter grip? Hot water treatment maybe? Or blow dryer and cold water?

My exclusive snowie arrived in the mail today. I'm super stoked I picked him up overall but the trigger finger hand do not grip the guns firmly at all, I can get him to hold onto the E-11 if it's pointed anywhere above his waist but forget about him holding the exclusive rifle!!! The damn thing pretty much jumps out of his hands. Can his hands be reshaped to make a tighter grip? Hot water treatment maybe? Or blow dryer and cold water?

Yeah, that's a problem all right, especially if the arms are by his sides and he's holding it in one hand (blaster falls out if you look at it.) I'm about to swap the gloves (slightly smaller ones) and hopefully that will fix mine.

I have not had a problem getting him to hold his rifle, but I DO know what you mean about the hand not having a tight grip. You just have to sort of "rest" is in his hands. A one handed pose....not so much.

20141113_054914_resized_zpsaae550d8.jpg

20141113_054623_resized_zps617ec463.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, just now seeing this post. I got sidetracked with "real life" this afternoon. :)

Your Snowtroopers are the best I have seen. Thanks again for helping me out with this mod. I am really looking forward to upgrading mine.

No worries, I'm amazed I got that mattress moved in time for the parents to visit. I was nerding out that day.

I think ZE's bright color used on his masks makes the SSC weathering 'pop', because I had thought he'd done a treatment on the bodysuits as well.

I think ZE's bright color used on his masks makes the SSC weathering 'pop', because I had thought he'd done a treatment on the bodysuits as well.

Good point. The stock mask is a greyish white covered in fine stippling and has a matte finish. The difference is likely more pronounced in photos as I mentioned, but looking at them right now I can see where there's a greater contrast between the suit and the mask then before.

No worries, I'm amazed I got that mattress moved in time for the parents to visit. I was nerding out that day.

Glad you got everything sorted out. I appreciate you "nerding out" and answering my questions that day. :)

I was okay with the Sideshow masks for the most part until I saw your mod, now not so much. I popped the masks off mine today, they are ready to be worked on now.

So I managed to come up with a quick fix for the non gripping trigger finger hands... I took a few black mini rubber bands that my wife buys on the hair accessory aisle at walmart and wrapped them around the grip of the guns. He doesn't drop them anymore and you can't notice the bands on the guns grip so it's a win win for me.

Really tempted to get a snowtrooper as a christmas gift for myself :) still on the fence but will probably end up getting one.

Been reading through the thread and its good to know that toysking2012 on eBay is the real deal. Up to 259.99 now but its still tempting.

Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk

I got an exclusive off eBay back in November for $250 and although it's a lot of cash for an older figure I don't regret it a bit, he's awesome and poses very well.

Been reading through the thread and its good to know that toysking2012 on eBay is the real deal. Up to 259.99 now but its still tempting.

I picked mine up from that seller over the summer when the price was a little cheaper. Shipped quick to the U.S. Maybe 10-15 days or so. Great figure.

It has a grab-bag of issues (dome, cowl, goggles, hands, bunching of armor) but displays great. Didn't love the greenish goggles to begin with, but it looks cool.

When they do, I'll definitely grab one for the contrast, but don't think I'll sell the SSC. Really like how these figures display. I'm always impressed when checking out the pictures in this thread.

Back