1:6 Scale Sideshow Old Ben Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never did the water treatment thing before, since all my figures are in the box. It's a fact that these 12" figures look so much better after the water treatment though. I always wondered if adding a little laundry starch would get an even better result. Has anybody tried it before? The fabric should hold it's look even better I guess. But perhaps a regular water treatment is already enough to keep the fabric in shape, I don't know.

:rotfl

Definitely the winner. You really need the last part too...

Hello there. Come here my little friend. Don't be afraid.

Bennude4-1.jpg

This is.... without a doubt... the most HILARIOUS damn thing I have seen in ages. :rock:rock:rock

do you need to take all the closes off to make them fit right or are they adjustable?

out of all the figs I have I yet to open one! I'm waiting till I have a home and build a display case for them.

Water treatment dried and FUTZ finished:

Ben2.jpg

Ben3.jpg

Not sure which look I'm gonna settle on: hood up or hood down.

Also, after watching SW last night, I noticed that Ben has his big ol' pants tucked into his boots. No fancy 70's bellbottoms. I wondered about that. Check out the scene where he walks up the steps to the tractor beam hub.

Great pics, WG. The paunch makes a big difference. Old Ben is definitely one of the best looking figures of the SW line.

Water treatment dried and FUTZ finished:

Ben2.jpg

Ben3.jpg

Not sure which look I'm gonna settle on: hood up or hood down.

Depends on the overall pose. If you're going to go with the saber, the hood up works better, but without the lightsaber the hood down works well. Where are you going to be displaying him, do you do like dioramas so he'll be with like Bespin Luke and Yoda or something or will he be stand alone?

Where are you going to be displaying him, do you do like dioramas so he'll be with like Bespin Luke and Yoda or something or will he be stand alone?

Ah, that's the question. I have so little display room left. I really need a much larger cabinet. I have one detolf, an older model, so you can understand my dilemma. My girlfriend and I are looking for a place to get together -- with a Den for me -- so I'm hoping to get a space and a new monster wall cabinet for everything I've added over the last 2 years. But finding a great place has not been easy. Still looking. And with the rents like they are in LA, now we're thinking to just save up and get a house this coming year as the prices are coming down so fast. Anyway, as to posing Ben...I guess I'll go with hood down so I can enjoy the sculpt...and wait until Vader arrives to put that hood back up.

Sounds like a good plan. I have such a big collection, the only SW figures I have out are the Jabba entourage because they all fit on his thrown, but as I've ordered regular Ben as well, one will decorate my desk at work, he's too cool not to have out, and the other shall remain here for my creative work.

Back