1/6 Scale Sideshow Bossk Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you take a pic? Is it the lighter/more faded jumpsuit that is making the skin color seem too dark, or would it look too dark even with the more yellow v.1 jumpsuit?

It's really hard to judge whether it's too dark overall because it seems like the lighting affects it greatly. He does seem almost an "African American Bossk" in some pics, whereas others it looks closer to the onscreen color.

I also wonder if the bright red eyes might be skewing his overall look.

Hope someone can take an outside pic in natural daylight. Sometimes seems that's the only way to judge when its iffy like this seems.
I'll take an out doors pic tomorrow unless someone else beats me to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

I'll take an out doors pic tomorrow unless someone else beats me to it.

:clap Trying to figure out whether I need to jump on this guy. It does look great in some pics (MacHone's especially,) but Star Puffs has me a little worried.:lol

Got mine yesterday, overall I love the headsculpt and coloring seems spot on but I'm gonna need to set aside some time to adjust that costume a bit, his pant legs are hiked up so high its absurd and its nearly impossible to simply pull them down. Aside from that his arm and leg joints seem really loose where they join the torso as well as at the elbow and knee, I'm one of those collectors who finds a pose I like and then leaves the figure in that pose for all time so its not enough of a detraction for me to return him but enough where I will be wary of that.
People complain about Sideshow a lot and I get it but to me I think a lot of their figures are pretty solid, where they lose it is their asking price. You cant ask Hot Toys level prices but not deliver Hot Toys level quality and then not expect people to flip out over every little defect. I used some points on this guy and snagged him for $165 which is right about where I feel his worth truly is. Currently I have yet to see a Sideshow figure that truly justifies a price tag over $200.

Here are a couple of shots taken outside this morning...

BOSSKv2-003.jpg

BOSSKv2-004.jpg

Looks pretty good to me. All depends on the lighting.

:clap Trying to figure out whether I need to jump on this guy. It does look great in some pics (MacHone's especially,) but Star Puffs has me a little worried.[emoji38]
Some early light for ya
56e0f4afba52ddba852be3ff9d03c8b1.jpg
da04e10f3b37c592602fb52d36876f0d.jpg
d2d3bff03747ecf4acf2b65501724d94.jpg
f731b8536225bd6c7fc470c8b7b67df9.jpg

I am not unhappy with this figure in the least bit. I loved the original version when it came out. Yes, the original (version 1) is still a better value but this one (version 2) for me, is the definitive Bossk figure.

I wonder what a tan wash would do to bring down the shading. Mine seems pretty dark, though I haven't tried strong light on him yet. I like the sculpt a lot, so there's that. I'm a big fan of the first one, which I just sold.

Thanks for the pics, guys.:hi5:

It does look a touch dark - and yeah, maybe a bit too green - but the fig does look very cool. I really like the sculpt and the figure overall doesn't look as gangly as v.1 did to me. Proportions look good.

I wonder if this will be like Luke Snowspeeder and sell out much faster than expected or if I can wait for RP or a bigger coupon code. It does seem you can hunt down a $25 coupon fairly easily - may have to just do that. $185 isn't too bad for this guy.

I may try to trim that too-large white bib along the bottom to shrink it a bit.

Based on pics, I almost want to put the v1 suit on the v2 figure. I'm not digging the pale yellow - seems a bit too light to me.

Based on pics, I almost want to put the v1 suit on the v2 figure. I'm not digging the pale yellow - seems a bit too light to me.

I thought the same thing at first, but when I received mine I felt as though the yellow didn't seem as pale as in some of the photos.

You shouldn't have to over-light it to get the right color.

Nope. I'm asking for a new one.

It reminds me of the Kenner figure. Only problem I have is the contrast with the dark skin. If it's too dark, both look terrible.

I'm diggng this new one...

BOSSKv2-005.jpg

The color is not bothering me...I think what is making it darker looking is how light the flight suit is. I just love the sculpt.Has that real ESB snarl and attitude going on that's just great.

Back