1/6 Scale REDMAN TOYS Collectible Figure Accessory Lethal Weapon A & B

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure do. Been in the hobby Long enough to know about him and his business practices.
He always has a “lot of troubles”, so that’s no surprise.
And yes, Denny will continue to recast figures he has produced under different “companies” because clowns will continue to buy them.
I have also spoken to some of his past “employees” about the topics in detail, and whilst they won’t come out publicly comment in 1/6 groups, our conversations are extensive, and they are surprised I have any concept about the subject because most people are like you...
Oblivious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So, anyone like me who has bought any of these figures are clowns? Are you trying to provoke people here?

So, anyone like me who has bought any of these figures are clowns? Are you trying to provoke people here?

I have purchased Lee’s work, been after a Doc DX set for about 4-5 years. Glad I waited because I can buy a Redman DOC and get virtually the exact same figure.
However, I won’t buy Redman because the quality lacks to be desired.
Does anybody here think it’s even a little odd that Lee hasn’t mentioned anything after Annabelle?
I mean, since that time, he parted ways with Artmaze, which means he was an employee, no?
Hmmm...
Curious, No?
Who is the CEO of Artmaze, Inc.???
f14ad3a90e766067a325a386bac31411.jpg

You're glad that you waited because you can buy the Redman version instead as they're virtually the exact same figure.

But you won't buy the Redman because the quality is lacking.

So what are you glad about? :confused:

It’s a joke, man. I have actually lost interest in Doc, I’m just using that figure as an example.

More people will buy the Redman figure at a cheaper price because it’s affordable to more people, even though it’s a complete ripoff of Rainman’s Doc, which sold at a premium.

The Doc sculpt has been recast to death.

It’s a joke, man. I have actually lost interest in Doc, I’m just using that figure as an example.

More people will buy the Redman figure at a cheaper price because it’s affordable to more people, even though it’s a complete ripoff of Rainman’s Doc, which sold at a premium.

The Doc sculpt has been recast to death.

Don’t you think it’s odd that Iminime and Rainman are the ones being recast consistently by Redman Toys?

There is a reason.

Why don’t you see other “artist” figures being produced by Redman?

How about Jihun Park’s Bouya, or Musashi?

It’s not a coincidence, it’s backroom dealings pure and simple.

It’s common knowledge. Denny “employs” artists and provides an outlet for them to work.
He uses them for awhile, until they find out they can make more money as independents doing commission work, and then they leave him.
Totally agree with that, because that's what he said. I know Rainman does not produce everything by himself. He has other people to paint his occasionally open for reorder sculpts and he collaborates with Yunsil on all the outfits. CK always produced sculpts from different people (actually even from Rainman). What use it is for Denny to produce cheap recasts of his earlier efforts? Moreover, it is produced in China, definitely not in Korea. And there are many people like Kit Chen who both make their own projects and recast stuff.
You act as if you have some personal story with Denny. And he never said he produced something personally, he was always arranging things with different artists involved.

Totally agree with that, because that's what he said. I know Rainman does not produce everything by himself. He has other people to paint his occasionally open for reorder sculpts and he collaborates with Yunsil on all the outfits. CK always produced sculpts from different people (actually even from Rainman). What use it is for Denny to produce cheap recasts of his earlier efforts? Moreover, it is produced in China, definitely not in Korea. And there are many people like Kit Chen who both make their own projects and recast stuff.
You act as if you have some personal story with Denny. And he never said he produced something personally, he was always arranging things with different artists involved.

It’s not about passion with Denny, it’s about production. Money.
If you paid $10k for a single sculpt to an artist, and have the original, why wouldn’t you mass produce it to return on your investment?
That’s what he does.
However, some people pay $1000+ for a Rainman, while more people pay $200 for a Redman. (Those prices random numbers, not exact)
Basically some collectors won’t buy a Rainman due to the price point, but they will buy Redman even though the quality is not as good, and Denny still makes his cut.
Anybody ever wonder what happened to his Iminime Jon Snow?
I know where it is, and why it was never produced.
The prototype was sold to a private collector under the condition it was never to be reproduced, and it is still the best, most accurate version made.
Sure, there are others out there which have been modded, and they look good, but not as good as Denny’s Iminime proto.
I’m just saying, there is a lot going on in this hobby most people don’t see or think about in order to get collectors on all levels to part with your cold hard cash [emoji385].
Most people will take everything at face value, even though it might not be exactly what you think it is.
Denny is a businessman, he knows how to hustle.
I just don’t like the fact he can’t be open and honest with his customers, always a facade.
Fortunately, he always produced his product, no matter which “company” name he uses.
As far as being produced in China, anybody can have anything produced cheaper in China. Provide the prototype of what you want, and for a fraction of the price you pay in Korea or the United States, you can have your product cast and produced cheaper, and on a much grander scale. There are cities built around factories willing to make whatever you want, cheap.
You will see a difference however in product quality. They will make a lot, cost effectively.
That’s why with Sideshow premium formats, they always have QC issues, but will have you destroy a statue with issues and ship you a new one.
They mark the price up to compensate for the losses of the bad ones.
Did you also notice SS changed their PF statues from poly stone to a plastic resin?
Because it can be produced cheaper, in effect, creating greater profit gains, and cutting their loss potentials.
Back on the subject, Denny is Korean, but that doesn’t mean all his product is produced in Korea. More expensive figures, yes, but though a different company name, he outsourced those jobs to a Chinese factory, and thats how you go from Rainman to Redman.

Had a spare narrow shoulder body so decided to get set B. Was only £40 on eBay. Looks pretty decent, might get the headsculpt repainted though.

Redman or Rainman, if you don't like the idea of buying it for 1 reason or another, don't buy it.

if you don't like the idea of illegal purchase, you have the right to voice out your concern. but if Rainman is selling his products as Redman it's his rights, the same rights consumer have.

and if you folks are concerned about rights, maybe it's time to stop purchasing unlicensed products.

I just found this message.

I will discuss it with my lawyer about spreading roumor.

you’d better to expect the lawsuit from me.

I have had enough damage from copies of china especially from redman toys.

having more project will get me more minus profit but i like working in this field.
I am not a sculpt but for recent years i do paint most of accessories.

anyway. i am so annoyed you say i work with redman toys.

I will have a lawyer in usa to have the case with you whatever cost.

i ask you apology. or we will in a court.

denny kim.

It’s not about passion with Denny, it’s about production. Money.
If you paid $10k for a single sculpt to an artist, and have the original, why wouldn’t you mass produce it to return on your investment?
That’s what he does.
However, some people pay $1000+ for a Rainman, while more people pay $200 for a Redman. (Those prices random numbers, not exact)
Basically some collectors won’t buy a Rainman due to the price point, but they will buy Redman even though the quality is not as good, and Denny still makes his cut.
Anybody ever wonder what happened to his Iminime Jon Snow?
I know where it is, and why it was never produced.
The prototype was sold to a private collector under the condition it was never to be reproduced, and it is still the best, most accurate version made.
Sure, there are others out there which have been modded, and they look good, but not as good as Denny’s Iminime proto.
I’m just saying, there is a lot going on in this hobby most people don’t see or think about in order to get collectors on all levels to part with your cold hard cash [emoji385].
Most people will take everything at face value, even though it might not be exactly what you think it is.
Denny is a businessman, he knows how to hustle.
I just don’t like the fact he can’t be open and honest with his customers, always a facade.
Fortunately, he always produced his product, no matter which “company” name he uses.
As far as being produced in China, anybody can have anything produced cheaper in China. Provide the prototype of what you want, and for a fraction of the price you pay in Korea or the United States, you can have your product cast and produced cheaper, and on a much grander scale. There are cities built around factories willing to make whatever you want, cheap.
You will see a difference however in product quality. They will make a lot, cost effectively.
That’s why with Sideshow premium formats, they always have QC issues, but will have you destroy a statue with issues and ship you a new one.
They mark the price up to compensate for the losses of the bad ones.
Did you also notice SS changed their PF statues from poly stone to a plastic resin?
Because it can be produced cheaper, in effect, creating greater profit gains, and cutting their loss potentials.
Back on the subject, Denny is Korean, but that doesn’t mean all his product is produced in Korea. More expensive figures, yes, but though a different company name, he outsourced those jobs to a Chinese factory, and thats how you go from Rainman to Redman.

i am talking about you.

i will take whatever i lose. but i wont be patient about this kind if ****.

i will have a person to act lawsuit against you.

be ready

i am talking about you.

i will take whatever i lose. but i wont be patient about this kind if ****.

i will have a person to act lawsuit against you.

be ready

Freedom of Speech. ****** You

Back