1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loads more progress this weekend, so far a perfect cast every time.

Image 85.jpg

Image 86.jpg

Image 87.jpg

Image 90.jpg

Image 88.jpg

Image 89.jpg

Also created the rubber mold for the seats which I'll test cast this weekend.

I've been asked many times how I create the molds and make cast parts, so I've made a couple of small videos over on Twitter for those who are interested.
If I ever get time between builds I may have a look at YouTube

Loads more casting this weekend, so not a huge amount to show.
I'll venture next door to the workshop and grab a few images to show you guys when I get back from work later.

Between casts I cracked on with a few other the many other commissions & builds that I need to clear before I can make a start on the fully endorsed and licenced prototyping of a very special and secret build to be showcased at San Diego Comicon in July :joy

Jas

Loads more casting this weekend, so not a huge amount to show.
I'll venture next door to the workshop and grab a few images to show you guys when I get back from work later.

Between casts I cracked on with a few other the many other commissions & builds that I need to clear before I can make a start on the fully endorsed and licenced prototyping of a very special and secret build to be showcased at San Diego Comicon in July :joy

Jas

That would be great. The more images the better !!

We have a price in mind but there is just a few small details still needed before we can commit.
We are fully sold out of pre-orders and there is also a huge reserve list.

Sorry for the delay chaps but we're almost there.

JAs

Hopefully it's within my dad budget! I've kinda splurged these last few weeks plus my car crapped out on me and needed work done on it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hi all, sorry chaps a bit slow with the updates this week, I've been super busy completing some of the many commission builds between speeder casts to make some room for the fully movie licensed builds.

Ok, so the first test cast of the seats is done and I'm not 100% happy with the result so I'll be making a new mold this weekend.
I cut off what I thought was excess flashing but was in fact part of the seat back so now there's a slight imperfection between the seats. :slap As quality is far more important than quantity it's getting replaced.
Image 91.jpg

Also collecting a nice pile of perfect grade casting all ready for Pete the Paint.
Image 92.jpg

PS, this new slow cast resin is fantastic stuff :yess:

Jas

Might've missed this announcement, but licensed?!? [emoji15] Congrats! That's great news! Which franchise/product? 1/6?

Cheers buddy, the first will be 6th Scale and a full Movie licenced build, we've been sworn to secrecy by the Action Figure company and is planned to be showcased at San Diego ComiCon later in the year. :clap:hi5::yess:

A shame about the mould Jay as it looks like beautifully clean and crisp cast. That’s quite the collection of parts you’ve got going on in the J-Cave there mate a full on speeder production line 👍

Pete

A shame about the mould Jay as it looks like beautifully clean and crisp cast. That’s quite the collection of parts you’ve got going on in the J-Cave there mate a full on speeder production line

Pete

Yeah a shame mate, but my own stupid fault, fortunately it's a super easy fix so no drama.
I'm heading down to Wales at the end of the Month mate to visit me boy at Uni and I'm hoping to get the first few speeders over to you...so I'd better get my finger out :impatient:
I'm also part way through another top secret SW special build which I'm also hoping to let you have at the same time buddy :wink1:

Got to say this slow cast resin is flipping great stuff, talking to the design team from a well known action figure manufacturer recently (about future licenced collaborations) who mentioned this stuff, so I gave it a go and once set is super tough and picks up ever tiny detail with virtually zero clean up :yess:

So once I get my head around the new modelling & moulding techniques my manufacturing process will be greatly increased and produce a even higher detailed model for you guys win - win :hi5:

Jas

New seat mould all done and loads better than the first.....as I've not trimmed off the wrong bit this time :rotfl

Will make a start on the main body mould this weekend as I need to make a couple of casts before I meet up with Pete at the end of he Month as I'm making the trip over the border :duff

aaeac8f3dac656df112abbad730703c6--triumph-scrambler-triumph-motorcycles.jpg

More progress this weekend, the second cast on the cockpit is done and turned out perfect :yess:

Image 96.jpg

Image 95.jpg

I'm in the process of some very fine finishing off of the body before I remove the side thrusters ready for casting.
I'm seriously considering slush-casting to create a hard but hollow body as the overall weight is a concern.

First cast of the top thruster has also turned out great:
Image 93.jpg

Image 94.jpg

PS: thank you to all that have contacted me over the last few weeks, really sorry but this build has completely sold out and there is a huge reserve list.

Back