1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys have seen this picture, right? The prop...
bf978e9c5351ca19ed380bc08998a754.jpg

Yeah, that's the miniature that was used in one shot I believe. I saw it when the Star Wars Magic of Myth tour came through Seattle.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I also managed to get more molds made and all I have left now is the main body and the seating which will be complete over the weekend.

Image 82.jpg

I'm really pleased with the incredible detail the RTV (Room Temperature Vulcanising) silicone rubber recreates
Image 81.jpg

Image 84.jpg

We’ve known each other for a few years now Jay, and I keep saying it but you never cease to amaze me with your talents. Super sharp castings buddy and zero shrinkage by the look of the snug fit on the master body.
And props to you guys out there for all your input on this one 👍
This is going to be an awesome piece and man I’m excited about it

Pete

I have a need for mold making as well.....

Where did you purchase your material? I am interested in the RTV silicone your using..

Currently using smooth-on products.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

That’s great! Didn’t even notice that before, but looks spot on now. Some great eyes in this community.

Completely agree buddy, everyones input is vital when creating such an iconic and movie accurate build like the Speeder, because if you guys weren't happy then I wouldn't be either.

I'm so appreciative of all of your patients and feedback, you guys are awesome :clap

I have a need for mold making as well.....

Where did you purchase your material? I am interested in the RTV silicone your using..

Currently using smooth-on products.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I get all of my RTV rubber & resin from WDR Plastics which is fairly local to me (UK) Smooth-on have some great products and are more or less the market leader when it comes to casting mediums.

For RTV silicones there are usually a number of catalyst colours available, from experience I've found a blue or purple catalyst works better than clear for some strange reason. Another little tip, is to use a big mixing stick as this also creates less air bubbles and is easier on the wrist.

Jas

That’s just amazing! Love your work Jas. One after the other you bring things to life...

Back