1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've manufactured these parts in such a way that once cast and painted they can be simply stuck back on in a kit style model.

Me & Pete stay in touch throughout our builds to make sure I don't give him any issues when painting and avoid a masking nightmare.

Engines, seats and most of the bodywork I plan on being solid apart from the large area under the bonnet (hood) which has a framework creating 4x cavities and I'm contemplating doing similar for the rear section to keep the weight down. This will take a bit more effort on my part but as you know chaps.....I'm all about quality rather than quantity :wink1:

Weight is always in the back of my mind, especially as we ship worldwide and the UK postal service goes into complete meltdown if you try a ship anything over 3kg.

PS, All pre-orders are now spoken for, if your name wasn't on the list....sorry

However, feel free to drop me an email and if anyone drops out I'll be in touch. :pray:

Jas

Wow - I can't believe this amazing project will be in-hand in a few months.:horror:yess:

I dedicated a shelf for a Landspeeder over 4 years ago - not knowing when/if one would ever be built - glad it's all working out!

Still have not figured out how to display mine. Looking forward to seeing the "stand" that will be available for this.

At this point, thinking about possibly a large area dedicated to a Tatooine environment... Luke standing next to Landspeeder, custom Moisture Vaporator, and a couple of Sandtroopers with Dewback.

Thanks for all of the emails and PMs guys, I can confirm that all pre-order slots are now well and truly filled and the reserve list is significant.

I must be doing something right as there are a number of you who are having two Speeders :horror

Not long now.....:panic: I'm genuinely excited myself to see what an insane paint job Pete creates.

Will keep you all posted on progress :wave

Is it possible to address the cut-outs on each side circled here? On the prop/build from the movie the rounded sections sweep - they're not semi-circles.

View attachment 443501

Sorry, missed this post, I'll have a look this weekend, I won't promise it can be done but, never say never and I'll do my best as everything is in the detail.

If doable this may delay production by a few weeks, is everyone is ok with that?

Jas

Still have not figured out how to display mine. Looking forward to seeing the "stand" that will be available for this.

At this point, thinking about possibly a large area dedicated to a Tatooine environment... Luke standing next to Landspeeder, custom Moisture Vaporator, and a couple of Sandtroopers with Dewback.
I built a Moisture Vaporator a few years ago and I still have it in storage. Most of the parts were from the plumbing section of my local DIY store.

ba251466575dcea622ba8c07a3ad7977.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sorry, missed this post, I'll have a look this weekend, I won't promise it can be done but, never say never and I'll do my best as everything is in the detail.
If doable this may delay production by a few weeks, is everyone is ok with that?

OK by me. This is something going on 5 years on my wish-list, so a month here or there doesn't make any difference. ;)

I built a Moisture Vaporator a few years ago and I still have it in storage. Most of the parts were from the plumbing section of my local DIY store.

ba251466575dcea622ba8c07a3ad7977.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I like that a lot, very nice 👍

Jas

Yeah, I think this project is also for posterity so making it as close as humanly possible is a good thing, even if it's received a month later.

I ventured into the J-Cave last night after work to have a quick look and although tricky and reading the comments and emails I will be tweaking the side scoop detail to better match the reference images.

This has been in development for a number of years, so another Month or two won't hurt as quality is everything.

Jas

Had a huge delivery of RTV rubber yesterday :yess: for the moulds and a sample of some new slightly flexible & unbreakable casting resin for the side grilles.
Hoping to get all the remaining moulds cast this weekend, apart from the body which needs a little more detailing.

Jas

Back