1/6 scale Landspeeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Needed to pop over the boarder into the neighbouring country the weekend so not much activity in the old J-Cave
Not much planned this weekend, nor am I on-call so I should have some progress on Monday.

Jas

Any updates to share?

Sorry guys no updates at the minute. I very much doubt the router cutter will get delivered this side of the New Year as the only one I could find with the nearest correct profile is from HK, so I'm cracking on with some of the other builds.

I've decided that I'm not happy with the new windshield so I'm going to have to make a vacuum former and suitable mould from scratch.
As I want everything to be as screen accurate as possible for you guys.

Jas

Thanks for the update. So what are some of the other builds you are working on?

On the bench at the min....big breath.......
A huge true scale Tantive iv corridor scene, a few more swing bridge dio's (doors open & closed)
A few secret SW one offs, Tantooine door dio, a couple more 1/6 & 3.75" Indy Carts / dios.

Plus a few other Indy, SW, TWD & horror dio's in development........

Jas

On the bench at the min....big breath.......
A huge true scale Tantive iv corridor scene, a few more swing bridge dio's (doors open & closed)
A few secret SW one offs, Tantooine door dio, a couple more 1/6 & 3.75" Indy Carts / dios.

Plus a few other Indy, SW, TWD & horror dio's in development........

Jas

Any chance I could get in on getting one of these???? :pray:

Any chance I could get in on getting one of these???? :pray:

No probs buddy, due to the huge demand for this Dio I will make just a few more then :wink1:

:impatient: As with all of our builds they are individually hand crafted & painted, making each one unique and in very limited numbers (we're not in it to get rich so we would never mass produce and bang out hundreds of flatpack dioramas as Pete & I do this for love of the hobby and to give the collector an amazing one off) so there will be a bit of a wait chaps I'm afraid, sorry....it'll be worth the wait

Drop me an email or follow us on Twitter for better updates.

Jas

No probs buddy, due to the huge demand for this Dio I will make just a few more then :wink1:

:impatient: As with all of our builds they are individually hand crafted & painted, making each one unique and in very limited numbers (we're not in it to get rich so we would never mass produce and bang out hundreds of flatpack dioramas as Pete & I do this for love of the hobby and to give the collector an amazing one off) so there will be a bit of a wait chaps I'm afraid, sorry....it'll be worth the wait

Drop me an email or follow us on Twitter for better updates.

Jas

PM sent

Wow this is really coming along and looks absolutely incredible! I have a feeling the price will be out of my range (especially given there's no cheaper unpainted kit option), but it would definitely be a great thing to have on display.

Wow this is really coming along and looks absolutely incredible! I have a feeling the price will be out of my range (especially given there's no cheaper unpainted kit option), but it would definitely be a great thing to have on display.

Hi Dave email sent buddy.....I think you'll all be pleasantly surprised as Pete & me do this as a hobby and because we love creating amazing models for the serious collector and certainly not to get rich, we have very little overheads and as a result we can keep our prices very low.

Talibane loves them Speeder pics :lol

But seriously good job finding all those !

I like this one with all the details they dream up (and at least think of when making the original props). Love the power boost circuits, glad Jas made them bigger for more power !

View attachment 432536

Just waiting on the cutter chaps, I'm fairly confident it will be a really good profile match.
Cutter.jpg

I plan on starting the casting process and getting the first few over to the amazing artist Pete-the-Paint early 2019, as I only have the rounded edge to tweak, the wind shield and new side grilles to complete (which are fairly simple) and a few other very tiny cosmetic alterations to do.

This build is going to have something a bit special :wink1: not letting on what just yet as all will be revealed at the....err....final reveal :rotfl.
But trust me......it will be well worth the wait.

We are starting to take orders for unique and one-off commission builds for 2020 (as 2019 is looking pretty full up) so drop me an email as my PM inbox is full again :slap

From 2019 we will be greatly improving the way we advertise and showcase our builds, that will provide a considerably greater audience and hopefully have a positive impact on our incredible 1/6th collecting community.

If I don't post before, I wish you all a great Christmas and an awesome New Year.:santa
I'm on-call at the hospital so fingers crossed I get a quiet one :pray:

Jas

Happy New Year everyone

Couldn't put off the routering of that rounded edge any longer........so got stuck in and all is now done and made a heck of a mess in the J-cave, but was well worth the tidy up after.

Really pleased with the result, a little bit of cleaning up still to do, then a few coats of primer and I'll post some images of her sleeker new look.
I've also trimmed the thickness down by a couple of mill and slightly reshaped where the body meets the engines.

Jas

Back