1/6 scale Fortress of Solitude for Hot Toys Superman Christopher Reeve

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks very much to all for the warm reception! I appreciate everybody's replies, your kind words are encouraging! I've enjoyed this site for a long time. It's fun to finally have something to add.

No more of that lurking bs, you're a customizer. Well done. Now do something from Star Wars.

I ditto all the praise that you've received. Well done, sir!
Beautiful display, great craftsmanship. Elevates that figure to a whole new stratosphere.

Its always great to see talented people in action. Looks fantastic.
Cant wait to see what you come up with for Mr. Keaton.
Congratulations on that result, visit the customs section of this forum.

Rarely have i seen such uniformly high praise from SSF. But it's obviously well eanred. Outstanding display. Effort and planning is obvious. Great subject matter. Just fantastic.

Last edited:
As the friend who bought Farrell this figure for his 40th birthday. I gladly take full responsibility for kickstarting his endeavor. Wait till you guys see what he has planned for his Marvel Avengers display!

Wow.. If only I had this level of creativity lol.. Awesome job!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Wow! That is ABSOLUTELY one of the coolest displays I've ever seen. Great imagination and amazing craftsmanship. I would love to have one myself but have 0 craft skills. I like you grew up on Christopher Reeve as Superman and this takes me back. Thank you for sharing that vision.

every now and then something extraordinary comes along. I have not bee able to stop looking at how amazing this display/diorama/art really is. A truly fantastic way to display a very special figure.

This is really a thing of beauty! I had a go at a fortress base a few years ago which I was quite happy with, but this is on a whole other level. Looks like it came right out of the movie, which is no small thing to achieve.

To all who have replied, Thank you. It means a lot to me that this project has struck a chord with the members here. I knew this group would "get it"!
To elaborate on my thought process a bit, I was trying to replicate the scene where we see him in uniform for the first time after returning from his 12 twelve year journey with Jor-el, right before he takes flight. In studying the scenes involving the Fortress more closely, I noticed that the crystal console moved around from scene to scene depending on what was needed. Most of the time Superman stands behind the console, in this shot he's in front of it. That suited me best because this is a display after all, it would defeat the point of the whole thing to put him behind it. As you can all tell, a lot of artistic liberties had to be taken simply due to size. It's a big display...32"wide x 19.5"deep x 25.5"high. In retrospect I wish I had built it closer to the actual aspect ratio of the film because that's the idea I was going for, looking into a moment from the film. Overall I'm very happy with the result. I've learned a lot from this project, and I hope to put that knowledge to use for my next project which is just thoughts at this point. Hopefully it won't take me another 3 years to complete! This build was a very cathartic process. I would encourage anyone who is thinking of doing a project to do so. It was a lot of fun. Creative challenges are just that, challenges, and should not be thought of as problems. The fun part is figuring the challenge out. At least that's how I see it. These intricate figures spark our imagination, let it burn!
Again, thanks for all the kind comments I enjoyed each one!

Attachments

• pre-flight.jpg
    pre-flight.jpg
    589.9 KB · Views: 92
  • empty fortress.jpg
    empty fortress.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 90
  • front shot.jpg
    front shot.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 91
Back