1/6 Scale Aliens = 16 Inches!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they made the predalien "Screen" Accurate, I would be like DK mode, Big head and hands and smaller body of an average man,

The Figures are made to the scale that they are meant to be in the movie. Just because the actors or costumes aren't as big as they would have liked doesn't mean that there not what the director/ADI/whoever where trying to achieve

AVP and AVP-R obviously didn't follow suit with any of the scale that the previous movies did. In strength and size

I have to say I'd always thought the Aliens were between 6 and 7 feet tall. Going by how the appeared in the films. I don't know what they're 'officially' supposed to be though.

They never seemed to be much taller than people though... (to me)

If the original Alien was less than 8' tall, then how is an alien offspring from a dog be larger than one from a human? Devil mentioned the extended scene (I consider it a deleted or cut scene) with the ox so maybe the writers on the movie didn't fix that line of dialogue?

So, how are the aliens from AVP and AVPR smaller than the original alien if the hosts were around the same size? It's obvious that Kane wasn't a huge guy.

Now I'm just as confused as you are, Devil.

Could it be that Ridley, Cameron and Fincher never thought we'd get this anal and never bothered to get the perceived height of the alien accurate down to the half foot?

Could it be that Ridley, Cameron and Fincher never thought we'd get this anal and never bothered to get the perceived height of the alien accurate down to the half foot?

What's the "perceived height"!? That's what I'm saying.. is there an actual height!? Or in every film is it just "F' it. Make the costume"!?

What's the "perceived height"!? That's what I'm saying.. is there an actual height!? Or in every film is it just "F' it. Make the costume"!?

In every shot let alone every film there will be a different perceived height.

In alien Bolaji most of the time was in the full body suit. The actor is 7 foot 2 but his head is in the neck of the creature. So add a foot for the alien head on top of bolaji's height. He was also wearing what looks like 3 inch shoelifts which puts the creature at a total (real height) of 8 foot 5.

In aliens in a stunt scene with a non hero suit, the height of the alien will be the height of the stunt person. For any crawling or grabbing scene this could even be a 5'10 guy as the size will not be relevant in a crouched or crawling pose. It would make sense to use stunt people of equivalent height though so that the number of created suits would be interchangeable between the stunt people if they needed to be swapped for damage, etc.

For closeups there would be hero props which could be animatronic from the waist up, or just a head. These would be your best bet in extrapolating the size of the full upright creature from that. I think Cameron would have just aimed to allude that the aliens again were around 7-8 feet tall. I don't see why he would need to change this as there's no added benefit for shooting.

In alien 3 for the suit shots (even hero) your stuck at the height of Tom Woodruff who is 6 foot 2, add platforms (like he wore in pumpkinhead) for scenes from the waist up and you get around a 7 foot alluded height again. As for the perfect proportions for the dog alien you'd have to use the rod puppet that was created.

From then on it was always Woodruff in the suit. Some suits for closeup shots were distorted in the shoulders and thighs to give the impression of size without actual height (AVPR) whereas in other movies you'd need to look at the cgi models to extrapolate their intended height.

All in all the thing is meant to be around 8 foot tall.

Last edited:
In every shot let alone every film there will be a different perceived height.

In alien Bolaji most of the time was in the full body suit. The actor is 7 foot 2 but his head is in the neck of the creature. So add a foot for the alien head on top of bolaji's height. He was also wearing what looks like 3 inch shoelifts which puts the creature at a total (real height) of 8 foot 5.

In aliens in a stunt scene with a non hero suit, the height of the alien will be the height of the stunt person. For any crawling or grabbing scene this could even be a 5'10 guy as the size will not be relevant in a crouched or crawling pose. It would make sense to use stunt people of equivalent height though so that the number of created suits would be interchangeable between the stunt people if they needed to be swapped for damage, etc.

For closeups there would be hero props which could be animatronic from the waist up, or just a head. These would be your best bet in extrapolating the size of the full upright creature from that. I think Cameron would have just aimed to allude that the aliens again were around 7-8 feet tall. I don't see why he would need to change this as there's no added benefit for shooting.

In alien 3 for the suit shots (even hero) your stuck at the height of Tom Woodruff who is 6 foot 2, add platforms (like he wore in pumpkinhead) for scenes from the waist up and you get around a 7 foot alluded height again. As for the perfect proportions for the dog alien you'd have to use the rod puppet that was created.

From then on it was always Woodruff in the suit. Some suits for closeup shots were distorted in the shoulders and thighs to give the impression of size without actual height (AVPR) whereas in other movies you'd need to look at the cgi models to extrapolate their intended height.

All in all the thing is meant to be around 8 foot tall.

Yep, what he said!

The man speaks the truth!

The original ALIEN was roughly 8' tall since the actor was over 7' and the suit added considerable height, especially with the elongated head.

In the Winston Effect, it is stated by Cameron or one of Winston's "Lifers" that 12 suits were made for the film ALIENS - six wearable ones for actors/dancers of average height, and six "8 foot tall puppets" for scenes where the creatures were more contorted and would appear larger; so the molds for HALF of the Warriors in ALIENS were 8 feet tall when strung up by suspension wiring. :google

I think Giger's ALIEN book also mentions the full-sized creature to be about 8 feet tall.

Back