1/6 Scale Aliens = 16 Inches!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devil_666

Super Freak
Reaction score
How!?

Bolaji Badejo who played the original Alien was 7'2". Let's say with the costume he was 7'5" minimum. That would still put him at 15" in 1/6 scale. Same size Predators should be in 1/6 scale.

But in Aliens, Alien3 and A:R the Aliens are considerably smaller. Yet in 1/6 scale they're still 16". You can see that compared to even Ripley (5'11") the Aliens aren't much bigger in the films after the original Alien. And in AVP and AVP:R the Aliens are considerably smaller than the Preds yet for the 1/6 scale figures the Aliens tower over the Preds.

I don't get it.

So how big should the Aliens be!? I think the original Alien should be minimum 15 inches. But what about the others?

Aliens were always described as considerably taller than Predators. In the novels, comics, and so forth.

That has nothing to do with screen accuracy/movie canon though. I know for like Star Wars crap EVERYTHING has to be canon and pre-approved in order for it to come out. So that everything associated with SW is consistent. But Predator/Alien doesn't have that. Dark Horse had free reign to do whatever they wanted with the material. That's why it's not considered canon. Same thing with novels/fan fiction. At least by me. I don't care about any of that stuff. I was talking about movies because all the HT figures are movie based.

It's really hard to discern a height comparison between the xenomorphs and Preds in AVP or AVPR because I don't the Aliens ever stand fully erect. In any case I don't think the height of the on-screen Aliens were consistent anyway and changed depending on the requirements of any particular scene.

How tall are the HT Predator figures? Weren't they a bit shorter in scale than they should be?

Dude what are you talking about the aliens being considerably smaller.. 1st of all.. Alien 3 didnt come from a human it came from a dog.. a considerably smaller animal so it may be slightly smaller.. But the other aliens dont look any smaller then the aliens from Aliens. And as has been said.. they never stand completely errect so you really dont know how tall they are..

Also whats not to get.. HT did them the size they thought was correct... and theyarent going to change it now..its that simple.. then people would complain the figures dont go together...

The sizing on the aliens is the least of someones worries when it comes to the alien line.. explain why most of the marines dont look the way they are supposed to.. typical HT stunt..

Ht Preds are 14" except P1 (13" or 13.5" depending on who you ask). IMO to be in proper 1/6 scale they should be minimum 15" tall (7'5"). Because KPH who played P1, P2 and the Elder was 7'2" without the costume. And Ian Whyte who played Scar, The AVP Elder and Wolf is 7"1" without the costume. Whyte also played Celtic, Chopper, All the ancient Preds and some of the Preds in AVP:R (except scenes with stand-ins).

So other than the Lost Hunters (Who were played by LA Lakers) the majority of screen Predators should be the same size. My estimate with costume on is minimum 7'5". Minimum. That's 15" in 1/6 scale.

uscmbuzz said:
Dude what are you talking about the aliens being considerably smaller.. 1st of all.. Alien 3 didnt come from a human it came from a dog.. a considerably smaller animal so it may be slightly smaller..

This makes no sense at all. So if an Alien came out of an Elephant it'd be bigger!? :slap

uscmbuzz said:
But the other aliens dont look any smaller then the aliens from Aliens. And as has been said.. they never stand completely errect so you really dont know how tall they are..

Huh!? That's exactly what I said. All the Aliens from the other films beside Alien are the same size. Alien version is the biggest because it had the biggest actor: Bolaji Badejo who was 7'2". You can see when the Aliens attack the Marines especially in the scene with Vasquez that it's not much bigger than her. The Alien doesn't have to stand completely upright for you to see it's not 8' tall bro.

uscmbuzz said:
Also whats not to get.. HT did them the size they thought was correct... and theyarent going to change it now..its that simple.. then people would complain the figures dont go together...

No I get that. Same thing with Preds.

Last edited:
The only real size reference that I can recall from the films is in Alien 3 when Ripley relates her tale to Andrews that it's an "eight foot creature..."

I reckon HT may have just went from that.

The only real size reference that I can recall from the films is in Alien 3 when Ripley relates her tale to Andrews that it's an "eight foot creature..."

I reckon HT may have just went from that.

I was thinking about that same quote from A3. But for some reason I thought it was 9 ft tall. Though most of Alien 3, the "Dog Alien" looked small except towards the end when they are trying to trap it in that corridor place. There's a split second where a the Alien runs from on side to the other and it looked pretty big in that scene.

How!?

Bolaji Badejo who played the original Alien was 7'2". Let's say with the costume he was 7'5" minimum. That would still put him at 15" in 1/6 scale. Same size Predators should be in 1/6 scale.

But in Aliens, Alien3 and A:R the Aliens are considerably smaller. Yet in 1/6 scale they're still 16". You can see that compared to even Ripley (5'11") the Aliens aren't much bigger in the films after the original Alien. And in AVP and AVP:R the Aliens are considerably smaller than the Preds yet for the 1/6 scale figures the Aliens tower over the Preds.

I don't get it.

Buy the "Inside the Monster shop" AVP book.
They have a photo of Preds and aliens side by side on the production table.
You'll see that Aliens are bigger. (7-8') In addition, it's mentioned in the movies.

Aliens are hardly ever seen standing straight up. That might be what's confusing you.

As for your "elephant quote". The Predalien was bigger than a pred. a.k.a. the larger the host, the larger the alien.

You'll see that Aliens are bigger. (7-8') In addition, it's mentioned in the movies.

Aliens are hardly ever seen standing straight up. That might be what's confusing you.

As for your "elephant quote". The Predalien was bigger than a pred. a.k.a. the larger the host, the larger the alien.

Exactly what i was trying to say.

FACEBOX said:

I've seen the pic. But I'd like a source besides ADI because honestly, they're FUBARS and they added A LOT of stupid ish with their 2 garbage movies. In Alien.. because of the height of the actor the Alien was large. But in Aliens they didn't have any huge actor as any of the Aliens. So you can clearly see in that film that the Aliens aren't much bigger than the Marines or even Ripley for that matter. Because they weren't.
And I think someone, ANYONE in that film would've made the comment about 8"+ tall creatures. No one does.

FACEBOX said:

No. It's not that. Like I stated above.

FACEBOX said:

Ok, using that logic then explain how the Alien in part III was just like a normal Alien in size when it spawned from a little Dog!? I know that scene conflicts with the extended cut with the Alien spawning from an ox but the version released in theatres with the Alien spawning from a dog is canon. If you say an Alien spawned from an elephant would be as big as an elephant then an Alien spawned from a dog should therefore be about as big as a dog. Correct? But you can see in part III it isn't.

Plus, to think that means you also think an Alien spawned from an elephant would be bigger than a Queen. I'm not buying it.

And as far as the Predalien: Garbage. That's one of the stupid things I was talking about with ADI. It's half Alien, Half Predator. Yet it looks more like it's host (Predator) than any other previous Alien AND it's also a quasi-Queen that can lay eggs. Orally. :rolleyes:

A xenoviper offspring is always bigger than the host, right? The first alien was definitely larger than the average human and the "dog" alien was larger than the dog, but that's where another contradiction rears its ugly head: Reading the comments above about the line in Alien3 about the creature being 8 feet tall, I can't help but find a discrepancy there. If the original Alien was less than 8' tall, then how is an alien offspring from a dog be larger than one from a human? Devil mentioned the extended scene (I consider it a deleted or cut scene) with the ox so maybe the writers on the movie didn't fix that line of dialogue?

The stunt actors in Cameron's Aliens were nowhere near Badejo, and the stunt people working on AVP and AVPR were average height also (as described and shown in The Winston Effect and the features on the AVP, AVPR dvd), so the onscreen aliens reflected the smaller stature. I couldn't compare them with the CGI model, so I don't know if there's any sort of "cheat" there.

So, how are the aliens from AVP and AVPR smaller than the original alien if the hosts were around the same size? It's obvious that Kane wasn't a huge guy.

Now I'm just as confused as you are, Devil.

As for HT, I can look past the height of their alien figures. It's the shortness of their Predators that I have an issue with.

I've seen the pic. But I'd like a source besides ADI because honestly, they're FUBARS and they added A LOT of stupid ish with their 2 garbage movies. In Alien.. because of the height of the actor the Alien was large. But in Aliens they didn't have any huge actor as any of the Aliens. So you can clearly see in that film that the Aliens aren't much bigger than the Marines or even Ripley for that matter. Because they weren't.
And I think someone, ANYONE in that film would've made the comment about 8"+ tall creatures. No one does.

Well, I think I should throw the fact out there that mixed media are used to portray the aliens, so using the stunt actors alone to gauge the height off of isn't fair.

From the 2nd movie (ALIENS) to the last piece of poo known as AVP:R, everything from animatronics, to CGI were used. In those cases, the height of the creatures varied accordingly. Thus, making what the actors say to be the only hard evidence we have.

Take this for example: When Burk tries to flee from both the ALIENS and the Marines, he comes face to "chest" with an alien. The reason for me using the word "chest" is because he clearly has to look us at the alien. In addition, the alien strikes downward. Indicating that the alien is taller in that scene.

Now, the reason I said we never get to see an alien "standing up tall" is because some aliens are double-jointed. In the cast of alien 3 for example, they didn't use stilts on the actor, so this fact already will lead to the inconsistencies you see. Please view the following pix:

eating.jpg

74438_alien004_122_350lo.jpg

See what I mean when it comes to the lower part of the legs?

Ok, using that logic then explain how the Alien in part III was just like a normal Alien in size when it spawned from a little Dog!? I know that scene conflicts with the extended cut with the Alien spawning from an ox but the version released in theatres with the Alien spawning from a dog is canon. If you say an Alien spawned from an elephant would be as big as an elephant then an Alien spawned from a dog should therefore be about as big as a dog. Correct? But you can see in part III it isn't.

Ummm, maybe you haven't seen rottweilers in person? Those are far from being "little dogs". If you stand a rottweiler on it's hind legs, they're even taller than some people.
Rottweiler_9W022D-02302.jpg

Furthermore, the original script used the OX as the host (as you mentioned above), so with the low production budget, they could not go back and redesign the alien. Meaning, the dog alien is in fact a bull alien.
;)

Plus, to think that means you also think an Alien spawned from an elephant would be bigger than a Queen. I'm not buying it.

Well, this doesn't sit well with you. I fully acknowledge and respect your opinion. But please bear with me on this: the fact that it doesn't sit well with you doesn't mean that it's not true. So, if it was possible for an elephant to be host to an alien, then YES.... the alien should be bigger than the Queen. Here's why I say this: In ALIEN (the 1st movie) we get to find out that the Space jockey had fallen victim to a facehugger. It's ribs were bent outwards, indicating that the alien had completed it's gestation period, and burst out of it's chest. Did you see the SIZE of that hole!? That's no normal sized alien.

And as far as the Predalien: Garbage. That's one of the stupid things I was talking about with ADI. It's half Alien, Half Predator. Yet it looks more like it's host (Predator) than any other previous Alien AND it's also a quasi-Queen that can lay eggs. Orally. :rolleyes:

Ok, maybe using anything AVP isn't going to help my case.
However, they did maintain the fact that aliens are always a bit taller than their hosts. That's another method of how they gain the advantage over their host species. More importantly, I think you should always keep the fact that mixed media are used. So it's not fair to use 1 in order to draw conclusions. Also, did you happen see the Predalien in clear light? lol
No, I wasn't joking even though that sound funny thinking back on how dark AVP:R was. The "guy in a suit" looked silly and short, but what we see on film is a "larger than life" Predalien.

Well after rereading my own dumb post.. and then all this other stuff.. I think devil was just trying to say.. the Preds are an inch too short..the need to be 15inches to be screen accurate more or less..

Well after rereading my own dumb post.. and then all this other stuff.. I think devil was just trying to say.. the Preds are an inch too short..the need to be 15inches to be screen accurate more or less..

Can we just crouch the aliens to match the Preds and call it even? :monkey1
When I think of the latest Hot Toys Predator figure..... I mean Medicom ...uhhhh....... ;) :lol

Back