1/6 ROLTA Map Room Entrance WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemble

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi All

Well I put the 1/6 boulder chase dio on hold for a short period and started another indy 1/6 project, this time the entrance to the Map Romm from ROTLA. This is a WIP and here is what I have done so far enjoy and lmk what you think.

The first 4 pics so the frame work which is foamcore for the sides which will be built up more using balsa wood and some scrap foam I got from work.

Once I got the angle I wanted I then drew a rough outline of teh size of the entrance using a perm marker. I then used superglue and traced around the marker and the superglue ate into the foam leaving an impression in the foam.

I used pottery clay called DAS clay here in Australia to build up the stone work and once I was done I used a sandstone to make impression into the clay to simulate the stone.

As you can see by the close up the sandstone really gives a great realistic stone look when pressed into the clay, and next to that is the stone I used.

I have also done the barricade that stops any small rocks or sand falling into the area, this was made by using balsa wood for the wooden blanks and dried tree branches from the back yard.

The bolts are pieces of plasti card which were inserted after drilling holes and then using a hot screw driver the tips were pressed down to simulate the bolts.

I picked ip a Sallah outfit from a great guy called Deniz from the Sideshow forums and here is the link to his site https://www.d-artstudios.com/. He also does other outfit. I also just wanted to show the scale with the figure added.

The shovel is from the bits box and is an American trench shovel I cut of the small handle and used a skew stick and drilled into the shovel and glue and inserted the stick.

The staff of Ra is again a skew stick with a 1/35 scale resin tank shell attached and the the top was cut and sanded to allow the medallion (medicom) to either be removed and kept in place.

The torch is made from thin decorative sticks that you get from furniture places they sit in pots/vases that sought of thing. I cut them to size and then used model ship rope to tie them all together I have made 3 of these already for other project and they are really easy to make.

Ron

Wooooooooohohoho!! This is gonna be amazing Ron... and I love watching it grow from nothing to a work of art.....

Hi All

FLOSI - Cheers Bro I just finished laying down the plaster, sand and glue mixture and will start painting this afternoon. Pics either later tonight or by lunch time tomorrow.

Ron

Hi All

FLOSI - Cheers Bro and will have more pics tonight.

Bucky Underbelly - Thanks Mate and I wasn't going to start it until I had all my Sallah pieces together but temptation got the better of me . I'm just waiting for the Sallah head to arrive from Vartal so I can complete him.

Ron

Hi All

Well here is a little update just some plaster and paint added. The pics from left to right is the order I did them in.

Pic 1: I used plaster of paris and fine washed river sand and PVA/Woodglue and mixed it all together. Once all parts were mixed add the water until you come up with a mixture that is soft but not runny.

While the mixture is drying I got a wide brush and dipped it in water and lightly stroked it over the mixture to tone down the clumps. Finally I got a pair of SS Indy shoes and started pushing them into the almost dried mixture.

Pic 2: Once the mixture has completely dried I painted it using Vallejo's Beige Brown.

Pic 3: I then used Vallejo's Desert Yellow and dried brushed over the top of the Beige Brown. I did in total 4 coats of dry brushing.

Pic 4: I then used Vallejo's Dark Sand and gave it 4 coats. Also the stone was given a drybrush of Games Workshop's Snake Bite Leather then Beastial Brown.

Ron

Hi All

Well finally got the barbed wire and posts done and I'm very happy with the way it they turned out.

A BIG SAFETY WARNING GUYS
Be very careful if you do attempt this one day as the barbed wire will cut and injure you if you don't be careful as it is actually real barbed wire just on a smaller scale.

THE POSTSThe posts were done using an old metal coat hanger there not either movie or history accurate which is ok by me. To make them I got to 2 pairs of pliers and a thick metal tube and twisted them aroung the metal tube until I was happy with the amount of twist there was.

Then I got the pliers and stretched the wire until I had the length I wanted and teh made a loop on one end for the wire to go thru.

THE BARBED WIREThe wire was made by getting some thin wire from the hardware shop I then got a piece of coat hanger and made a hook in one end and then attached that to my drill.

I then got about a 1-1/2 metres of thin wire and folded it to the end and then wrapped it around a draw handle.

I then got the end that had the bend in it and attached that to the make shift coat hanger hook which is was attached to the drill and started pressing the trigger until I was happy with the tightness.

Once the wire was done I measured out 3cm lengths were I had to attached the barbs and cut out 53 x 10cm lengths of wire to start doing the barbs.

With the barbs I just twisted around the main wire about 4 times and then once that was done pressed the barbs in place with some small pliers and cut of the remaining pieces a few millmeteres away from teh main wire and there you go brabed wire.

Ron

Hi All

galactiboy - Thanks mate I just have to paint the barricade boards and the barbed wire and a little more weathering and it's done. I'll have pics up tomorrow night, and then to satrt on sallah and map room indy.

Ron

Hi All

FLOSI - Cheers Bro I'm just waiting on my Sallah head to get here and then I'll be starting on him but I have started on my Map Room Indy but can't decide which head to use for it.

1 - The original SS Indy head
2 - The German disguise Indy head

Ron

Back