1/6 Redman Toys Coppola's Dracula

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! [emoji482][emoji106]Yeah I get ya, but they want to get every cent they can on rare figures like that and they know people will pay it.

Maybe not so much now that Redman has introduced this set.

And I think that is more of what irks these collectors more that anything. They want to play the moral high ground that it's hurting the custom artist. But it's not. It's hurting their resell value for the collectible they spent $1000s on.

That's what it really boils down to.

Sorry, not sorry. I said it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sadly true.

Mine arrived today - Actually amazingly impressed with the quality.
As someone who likes the film but not enough to drop serious dough I'm happy to have this really over the moon with how it turned out.

Got mine today. Zero complains regarding the quality. I'm seriously impressed how well it turned out, considering it sells for 10% of the asking price of the original.

Found a good use for my QMX Westley goblet! [emoji23][emoji23] IMG_20181206_194915_810.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have considered buying this figure but I wouldn't feel comfortable owning a recast. I have done some sculpts in the past and I'm currently working on a 1/6 Lord Voldemort, and I wouldn't like anyone to steal my work. I can understand people who do not make custom figures but from my positions I wouldn't feel honest. Much respect for Rainman's fine work. I've spent my money on another figure, hopefully one day I'll try to make my own custom Dracula with real embroidery.

I have considered buying this figure but I wouldn't feel comfortable owning a recast. I have done some sculpts in the past and I'm currently working on a 1/6 Lord Voldemort, and I wouldn't like anyone to steal my work. I can understand people who do not make custom figures but from my positions I wouldn't feel honest. Much respect for Rainman's fine work. I've spent my money on another figure, hopefully one day I'll try to make my own custom Dracula with real embroidery.

Is it actually confirmed these are re-casts? Or did someone just sit down and reverse engineer (IE copycat) the Rainman style? I am not trying to start a debate, I am just curious. If it's re-casting, the head and hands would be considerably smaller than Rainman's, ans the clarity of the sculpt would be compromised.

So, does anyone own both for a compare and contrast? That would be very interesting. if he ever does a color version of Psycho, I will snag them. I have the original black and white Rainman set, so I would do a compare and contrast of my own on those.

Anyone owwn both here that could compare old man Dracula in person??

Exactly. Why order from company X when company Y gets the same product to you weeks earlier?

Dunno, to support a local distributer over a large corporation?

When you have a customer service issue you may see things differently

In the near future , the looming 25% tax on imported Chinese goods may affect all our choices to buy what we want from whom we want...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back