1/6 QUEEN Figures From Star Ace

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm all over these. Star Ace is a good choice. Bowie and Elton John would be epic too.

Yeah! Queen was BIG in Europe, perhaps in other places they weren't as big as Madonna or Bono's gang but they certainly were better :monkey3
Agreed on both counts. Depeche Mode is another one of those that is just massively popular elsewhere in the world, while being more middle of the pack here in the States.

Is that even possible...? Great voice, but he had the mouth and teeth of a donkey.
Also agreed :lol Seriously though, handsome he may not have been, but when you factor in those terrific outfits he wore, he did look great.

I don't know how old you guys are, but when I was a young, I remember every kid on my block had an album (record) or 45 (little record, for those under 30) of Queen's. We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions (which became a hit together IN America) Bohemian Rhapsody, Another One Bites the Dust, etc. These were all records that we all had. And you had to physically go out and buy them....no downloads. So....I think Queen was just as big as ANY of those other guys. It's such a shame. The last 'real' studio album was INNUENDO...and it's fantastic! I've no doubt that they would be making music that was just as great today...while still experimenting.
I had met Melody Anderson (FLASH 1980) in New York some years ago and she told me a wonderful story about the Movie Premiere of FLASH. Queen had attended and she went on about meeting Freddie and the amazing presence he had. You could tell she was STILL impressed.
EDIT: in doing some quick research, QUEEN has sold more albums than U2, The Rolling Stones, etc., but not Madonna, Michael Jackson, Elvis, Beatles. Anyway...they're way up there no matter how you look at it....interesting.

Last edited:
The demand for Queen figures is definitely there.Not familiar with Star Ace's work,but im looking forward to see what they can come up with.

Great news, Star Ace are known for producing 1/6 Harry Potter figures and they came out great.

Hopefully this opens the door to other musicians, Sting (The Police) & The Beastie Boys would be pretty cool.

The demand for Queen figures is definitely there.Not familiar with Star Ace's work,but im looking forward to see what they can come up with.

Star Ace famous for Harry Potter line. No doubt about their quality, already close to HT level

Great news, Star Ace are known for producing 1/6 Harry Potter figures and they came out great.

Hopefully this opens the door to other musicians, Sting (The Police) & The Beastie Boys would be pretty cool.

Everyone keeps talking about living musicians. Trust me, those are far, far, far, far more difficult (except Brian May, he's on board).

I don't know how old you guys are, but when I was a young, I remember every kid on my block had an album (record) or 45 (little record, for those under 30) of Queen's. We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions (which became a hit together IN America) Bohemian Rhapsody, Another One Bites the Dust, etc. These were all records that we all had. And you had to physically go out and buy them....no downloads. So....I think Queen was just as big as ANY of those other guys. It's such a shame. The last 'real' studio album was INNUENDO...and it's fantastic! I've no doubt that they would be making music that was just as great today...while still experimenting.
I had met Melody Anderson (FLASH 1980) in New York some years ago and she told me a wonderful story about the Movie Premiere of FLASH. Queen had attended and she went on about meeting Freddie and the amazing presence he had. You could tell she was STILL impressed.
EDIT: in doing some quick research, QUEEN has sold more albums than U2, The Rolling Stones, etc., but not Madonna, Michael Jackson, Elvis, Beatles. Anyway...they're way up there no matter how you look at it....interesting.
Yeah I remember those days like it was yesterday.:)

Everyone keeps talking about living musicians. Trust me, those are far, far, far, far more difficult (except Brian May, he's on board).
So the inference is that Deacon and Taylor are not on board? Not that that is a huge deal, at least for me. Mercury is the only essential member, though if there was a number two it would be Brian May.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I'd like to see decent KISS figures. The REAL KISS, not the half-assed band they are now, but late seventies (Destroyer or Love Gun era), with Peter and Ace; and actually have them look like the actual band members, not just anyone in clown makeup. I haven't been impressed with any of the KISS figures, and I still have the original ones that came out in the seventies.

So the inference is that Deacon and Taylor are not on board? Not that that is a huge deal, at least for me. Mercury is the only essential member, though if there was a number two it would be Brian May.

Not that they aren't - but would you pay $180 for figures of them?

Somebody needs to do a great 1:6 Legends of Music line as long as the likenesses are spot on. Queen was one of my favorite groups back in the 80s so definitely in for a Freddie.

Legends Wish List:
Queen -- Freddie Mercury (Bohemian Rhapsody, Whembley), Brian May
KISS -- Gene, Paul, Ace, Peter (Destroyer and Love Gun)
Jimi Hendrix
Prince (Purple Rain)
Michael Jackson (Smooth Criminal), Maybe Jackson 5
Beatles -- 60s, 70s
Elvis Presley -- 50s, 60s, 70s
David Bowie -- Ziggy Stardust, Modern Dance
Females as well, but can't think of many that I'd buy

If they do a Brian May figure, it will be interesting to see how they tackle his hair. Will it be sculpted or rooted? And if they go rooted, will it look weird next to Freddie, who will probably have sculpted hair.

Isn't the likenesses of The Beatles almost impossible to get. I know MacFarlane did the Yellow Sub figs but that was for their cartoon visages.

Isn't the likenesses of The Beatles almost impossible to get. I know MacFarlane did the Yellow Sub figs but that was for their cartoon visages.
Yeah it does seem impossible to get. I've heard that Paul is very protective of what is licensed sometimes. Beatles would definitely be my number one choice in a band being made.

Back