1/6 QORANGE QOTOYS QOM-1028 104th Regiment of the 6th French Army at the Marne (1914)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
q1.jpg
q2.jpg
q3.jpg
q4.jpg
q5.jpg
q6.jpg
q7.jpg
q8.jpg
q9.jpg
q10.jpg
q11.jpg
q12.jpg
q13.jpg
q14.jpg
q15.jpg
q16.jpg

Field Cap* 1
Shirt* 1
Field Pants* 1
Standard Military Rank Armband* 1
Water Bottle Cover* 1
Shoulder Bag* 1
Short Boots* 2
Leather Leggings* 2
Belt* 1
Y belt* 1
Cartridge Case* 3
Military Backpack* 1
Lunch Box* 1
Blanket * 1
Bayonet Scabbard Hanger* 1
Handmade Metal Solid Wood Lebel Rifle* 1
Metal Bayonet* 1
Metal Bayonet Sheath * 1
Metal Bullets* 5

Does not include the head carving and body. All made of genuine leather. Clothes buttons etc all made of metal.

This set stood out as something different and unexpected, though I have no interest in collecting WWI.

The first image on Google for the French 104th at Marne was this, from the Flickr account of Musee Skupinski:

6838601825_61b0d1ef52_o.jpg

The caption:

WW1 French Infantry 104th Regiment 1914

French soldier of the 104th Infantry Regiment

The spirit of “Elan” is alive with this early war French uniform. Soldiers wore this uniform until spring of 1915 when it was replaced with the “Horizon Blue” uniform.

The 104th Infantry fought many battles on the western front including the First Battle of the Marne, which used the Taxi cabs of Paris to transport troops to the front.

Early in the war, French leather was black but was replaced by brown leather after 1915.

Super cool, and very elegant. the wood varnish on the rifle looks like the more textured kind that has a feeling to it that I like.

I like that it's an equipment set and not a full figure I wish BrownArt would switch to that format and be more consistent with Napoleonic releases from all countries of the time period.

The head sculpt they chose to show off the set is really good and fits the subject extremely well, any ID on that?

Super cool, and very elegant. the wood varnish on the rifle looks like the more textured kind that has a feeling to it that I like.

I like that it's an equipment set and not a full figure I wish BrownArt would switch to that format and be more consistent with Napoleonic releases from all countries of the time period.

The head sculpt they chose to show off the set is really good and fits the subject extremely well, any ID on that?

I was wondering about the sculpt too. I don't recognise it and can't think of any likely figures it might have come from. :unsure:

From the front he looks a bit like an older Tom Selleck, but from the side he has a distinctive nose.

If anyone else was curious, the head sculpt they used is based on Daniel Day-Lewis and is pretty easy to find cheap 1/6 versions of on eBay:

F3FBF7E3-B78B-4A82-8A42-F1B9F48DDCAB.jpeg

Last edited:
Back