1/6 Present Toys PT-72/PT-73/PT-74 Mutant Man M (Magneto)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh I got confused! Since this is the Present Toys thread, I thought this was a Present Toys post. Didn't see the SooSoo part. When looking at the graphic, I thought though the different ways the characters were crossed out was PT saying "We've done cyclops, not doing Rogue or Gambit" with the Ing meaning Magneto and Jean were next (with Magneto just being revealed of course).

Editing my previous post now.
Yeah, they should have ticked off Gambit and Rogue, not crossed them out. I guess if it was on their socials, it would have made more sense.

I will be PO this magneto with that dio base. The suit isn’t my favorite design but this will be a great display. Wish they did an apocalypse to go with.

Hmm 🤔. This one’s not bad, but I think I’d keep my brittle-bodied Sideshow Mags despite the fact it broke on me the FIRST DAY I took it out of the box (totally my fault 😬).

I’m actually more tempted by the cool-looking base than I am the figure. Maybe my Sideshow version can finally sit and rest his old bones and not risk breaking his hip 💀.

Face looks too much like a statue of a person instead of a person. Will pass. That base is BA though.

Looking forward to seeing that Sentry though. Especially since Steven Yuen is going to be the Sentry :slap

I don't know if Present Toys lit a fire under SooSoo or what. But it's funny to see them suddenly wake up and tease 11 additional X-Men figures today after months and months of complete radio silence on the line. While I've already POed PT's Cyclops and may order Magneto primarily for the base, I'll go with SooSoo for the long haul provided they keep the line in proportion will the Gambit figure and improve on the female portraits.

I'm really surprised to see SooSoo planning to tackle Iceman, Beast and Colossus, each of which will require a special body. I'm hoping they expand the line to include Angel/Archangel, Psylocke, Havok, Polaris, Emma Frost, Jubilee, Sabretooth and Juggernaut. Not to mention other comic accurate characters like Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Hawkeye, the Fantastic Four, Daredevil and Elektra.

I'm also looking forward to seeing PT continue to expand its line. While both companies will probably release at least 5 of the same X-Men characters (Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey and Magneto) hopefully, Present won't just try to parrot the entire X line and instead take on the other X-Men and Marvel characters mentioned above. They are sneaking Sentry, which is a good sign. I'm not sure who the X character on the left is, maybe Cable or Bishop.

Think I actually like the Sideshow one better.

Yea, based on what we can see, I'm liking the look of the Sideshow better as well. Also, the Cyclops head is looking a little big there. Think I'm just going to pass on this line as whole and sell the Sideshow ones when Xmen starts kicking off next year with the animated show and Deadpool 3

Agreed. I don’t feel any need to replace my Magneto.
The throne is the only thing that’s swaying me, but I like my floating pose.
6DF63608-0ACE-4203-861E-2688A7AEC45F.jpeg

And... here... we... go...

Soo Soo

Admin
· 1 m ·

stay tuned.

View attachment 674432
Hmmm- ‘Ing’…
Incoming?
Making?
Coming?

Whatever it means, I’m glad someone is intent on giving us more of the X-Gals. Looks like Present Toys have no interest in the ladies.

I'm really surprised to see SooSoo planning to tackle Iceman, Beast and Colossus, each of which will require a special body.
Colossus could be relatively easy if they decide to "borrow" the Toys Era body :lol

I'm also looking forward to seeing PT continue to expand its line. While both companies will probably release at least 5 of the same X-Men characters (Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey and Magneto) hopefully, Present won't just try to parrot the entire X line and instead take on the other X-Men and Marvel characters mentioned above. They are sneaking Sentry, which is a good sign. I'm not sure who the X character on the left is, maybe Cable or Bishop.
Well, if the graphic SooSoo posted is anything to go by, they won't be doing Cyclops so that's one overlap not happening unfortunately, at least for now. I was looking forward to seeing what SooSoo would do with Cyclops. And for the silhouette on the right, I'm thinking Cable.

So SooSoo are doing Jean but not Cyclops. Are they expecting people will have bought Present's Cyclops already and it was too late to cancel making Magneto?

That post feels like another HT/Mars tactic. "Don't buy from the competition, we'll be making our own version, promise!"
Yeah, I really hope you are wrong about this …but I have to say I thought the same thing 😔

That’s what I read on FB the other day as well, and the graphic they put up didn’t have the X through Cyclops. They just said they weren’t doing Cyclops in the next round. Who knows how long it will take before they show anything. I believe Storm and Magneto are supposed to be next.

That’s what I read on FB the other day as well, and the graphic they put up didn’t have the X through Cyclops. They just said they weren’t doing Cyclops in the next round. Who knows how long it will take before they show anything. I believe Storm and Magneto are supposed to be next.
The original photo that @Asta posted didn't have the ❌ over Cyclops, but it did have the 🚫 over him making it seem like they weren't going to make him.

482967-402595692-723093856335615-285150683242883120-n.jpg

However, thanks to @jedijim3002 , it appears that SooSoo reposted the image without that 🚫 over Cyclops now.
483124-IMG-6742.jpeg

Back