1:6 Pippen and Merry Portraits (New Pictures Added 2/1/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1:6 Pippen and Merry Portraits

The sculpts do look pretty nice but the painted version is way too expensive for me. I'll wait to see how much the unpainted version is.

If these are 'mass produced', I can't imagine why it would cost even $45 for a head...$20-$25 I can see, but nearly $50...oh well...i won't be buying regardless...so i will shut up now.

as nice as they are, that's outta my range as well. for both the painted and unpainted heads.

Rather than having these types of conversations publically, I would greatly appreciate it if anyone interested in these portraits would send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE.

If you would like to discuss how much you feel custom heads should be worth, please do so in a seperate thread.

No offense to anyone that has previously posted on this.

Got these in the mail today (unpainted) and the scuplts are amazing. I just hope I don't screw them up by attempting to paint them myself. Couldn't afford the asking price on the painted ones.

If any of you are confident in your painting abilities I can't receommend the sculpts enough, they are really dead on likenesses as seen in the pictures.

I got these in the mail today. They arent the best pics but the sculpts look fantastic. I will try and take a picture of the whole Fellowship soon.

5784447238_133b883781_b.jpg

5783861677_273155f5d0_b.jpg

5783875125_efdd05497c_b.jpg

5784427062_be2f3f968b.jpg

The Merry sculpt is excellent, but the paint for the hair is a tad too dark - Merry's should be noticeably lighter than Pippin's...

Both are really excellent likenesses. The only thing I can critique is that Pippin's head looks a wee bit too large.

Jason, are you going to get their necks painted too? Or is it really that noticeable without a flash?

Both are really excellent likenesses. The only thing I can critique is that Pippin's head looks a wee bit too large.

Jason, are you going to get their necks painted too? Or is it really that noticeable without a flash?

It isnt quite as noticeable but it would be good if they could be painted. I almost wish there was a way to paint them more closely to Frodo and Sam with there skin tone. It needs to be a matte finish for a lack of better term.

BTW thanks again Pix for all the hard work you put into these guys they are great and if you ever decide to do another run of the clothes let me know because I would love to have second set of these using the other heads.

Maybe a quick blast of Testor's Dullcote lacquer will do the trick?

Back