1:6 Millenium Falcon Display Ramp

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rustyj

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing a kit of the Falcon's boarding ramp as a display backdrop, wanted to gauge interest. Will be shooting for something like the attached image, still need to do some figuring out, but wanted to throw it out there-
Thanks-

UPDATED image to closely resemble pieces included
falc02.jpgfalc02.jpg

Re: 1:6 Falcon Ramp

not sure, still in the early stage of the concept. wanted to get some feelers out there to see if it's worth doing-

I would be interested. You hit my two weaknesses, Star Wars and the Falcon. I'm in for 1/6 scale version.

Could be scaled down to 1/12 scale too I guess-

Updated first post for accurate representation of what kit will include-

Updated pic attached-
Merry Xmas!
Falc24.jpg

That would look great with a scenic background.

I'd be down for a kit with the usual final product and price. Looks great.

Brilliant idea for a Han/Chewy display backdrop, and versatile too - you could do an ESB asteroid version, a D94 Han's "welcome aboard" with Ben/Luke/Chewy/R2/3PO etc., an "escape from the DS" version with all the heroes firing, even the deleted sandstorm scene with upcoming Lando and HT sandstorm Luke.

Would need to know the price range - even roughly.

Curious if you think you will be offering this Rusty? I think it's a great idea. I am probably interested in another gonk droid too if you still have for sale?

I'm hoping to move forward but was expecting more interested parties to cover printing and molding costs-

I'm hoping to move forward but was expecting more interested parties to cover printing and molding costs-

Understandable.

Let's start and interest list to see if it goes anywhere. Here it is below.

1. TurdFurgusonsHat

I think a proto would really help to drum up interest. You could even put a light inside to shine down onto the ramp. It really is an amazing idea for a figure display/backdrop that a lot of people would be interested in - it's just that not many buyers come into the custom section.

The other problem is that people can't see the possibility/potential - saying "Falcon ramp" you kinda think "hmm, okay..." but you have to go to that second step and imagine all the stuff you can do with it. All I'm saying it's not immediately obvious without seeing it..

A really cool pic of a proto with a HT Han and Chewy or figs of any of the ANH heroes would spread further than here, ie if you picture it with han and Chewy, you can then post the pic in those respective threads - Han, Chewy, Luke, Ben, Leia etc. - in the main action figs area. The people who own those figs are your target buyers - and people use those threads for custom projects all the time - right now a custom dress is what's keeping eyes on the Leia thread.

A pic of the proto with Leia in front of it shooting a blaster alongside Han, Chewy and Luke in Death Star escape mode is what you need. You could also use a couple of stormies. It has a LOT of action pose possibilities across the OT.

Trust me, set up those figs (do like three different set-ups from different OT moments) and people will get excited. It just isn't immediately obvious based on "1/6 Falcon ramp."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back