1/6 Mars Toys MAT014 Joker (Jack Nicholson)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea that was the Golden era . It is Too bad even Les Walker ran away and took everyone their money. The guy got really slimy if I recall and took years to start and finish and eventually just broke the honor and cheated everyone here. Sad..
Even Les scammed us? That’s unexpected and extremely disappointing. I would have thought everybody but him as he was an old fashioned honorable guy… kind of hit me more than it should.

Even Les scammed us? That’s unexpected and extremely disappointing. I would have thought everybody but him as he was an old fashioned honorable guy… kind of hit me more than it should.
Yeah, funny how those things come about. Did they just get in over their head? Then said **** it. I'm going to take the money and run. Was that their plan all along? A lot of these people were in good standings, then it went to ****.

The guy was actually a very good artist back in the day and his work was on par with even some of the new work today but he made a lot of promises and soon delivered little. Everyone trusted the guy but eventually he took in more work than he really wanted. Each time you asked him he would say “ You do realized these are customs and contact me in 18 months etc and so it sadly became a bit like a Ponze scheme.

I don’t exactly know how many freaks got burned but it got ugly fast in the end. That was the golden era. Another guy named Chris Howe also took a lot of money and ran on the Trek runs and sadly took a lot of money from the freaks without delivering.

The guy was actually a very good artist back in the day and his work was on par with even some of the new work today but he made a lot of promises and soon delivered little. Everyone trusted the guy but eventually he took in more work than he really wanted. Each time you asked him he would say “ You do realized these are customs and contact me in 18 months etc and so it sadly became a bit like a Ponze scheme.

I don’t exactly know how many freaks got burned but it got ugly fast in the end. That was the golden era. Another guy named Chris Howe also took a lot of money and ran on the Trek runs and sadly took a lot of money from the freaks without delivering.
Man, I forgot about Howe. Yeah, ugly indeed.

Yeah, funny how those things come about. Did they just get in over their head? Then said **** it. I'm going to take the money and run. Was that their plan all along? A lot of these people were in good standings, then it went to ****.
Who was the custom person for the Matilda (Leon the Professional - Natalie Portman) project?

I remember some of us CF got scammed on that figure a few years ago - lost a few hundred dollars.

We’ve gotten at least three 3rd party Matilda figures so luckily that has filled the void.

I think that's my custom i made 10 years ago. :wink1: :eek:I sold it a while back. Wow

I actually made 2 of these guys

around 9:43 MARK WAS MY 1ST VERSION

Hey Mr E!

Yea I think I bought your custom . Where the hell did I put his hat now I think about it? LOL . Do you remember if the first v1.0 had a dye hat or not ? Need to get a hat

Hey Mr E!

Yea I think I bought your custom . Where the hell did I put his hat now I think about it? LOL . Do you remember if the first v1.0 had a dye hat or not ? Need to get a hat
I honestly think I just used the 89 joker's hat but I just either painted it or took a black sharpie to it. 😂😂 Because I knew it was a flocking process on the hat so I didn't want to screw it up.

Last edited:
Thanks for the memories guys. I didn’t get screwed too often. Lol

Not sure abot that AliExpress Joker offer. The price seems a little high. Still regret that I haven’t ordered the rerelease. You snooze, you lose…
Yea it's definitely higher than when originally came out. Just last year there were tons on the market going for pretty cheap but I guess with how good this Mr. J came out, ppl bought up all the lower priced ones and sellers who had any left increased the price due to the demand. I saw one on ebay with current bids in the $240s I believe with still time left over. At the higher prices, might as well get an authentic one.

Yea it's definitely higher than when originally came out. Just last year there were tons on the market going for pretty cheap but I guess with how good this Mr. J came out, ppl bought up all the lower priced ones and sellers who had any left increased the price due to the demand. I saw one on ebay with current bids in the $240s I believe with still time left over. At the higher prices, might as well get an authentic one.
Exactly. Something I learned in this hobby is that patience always pays off in the end. There is always coming another improved version.

Some one mentioned a clothing set and I think that'd be a good compromise. I think all he needs is the pants, vest and coat to create the museum look from this figure.

ACED470F-6CBE-4AAC-81F8-3F7060D0E0A8.jpeg
4B882556-98E0-46FB-A582-3C23E80BCD07.jpeg
03630707-5017-45E9-8449-4D5251CF2FA9.jpeg
1381ED74-641A-4D9B-9CC9-78DD259A8496.jpeg
33CE6C61-7349-46F5-8B7C-380FB85EE688.jpeg

69A20D0D-3581-4C26-AC21-62B89C3AAC64.jpeg

Back