1/6 Mal for Nathan Fillion Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
right on, SS! I'll get in touch with Adam to get things rolling.

Prog- that's a cool bit of info from that interview! The only figures I know of are the Serenity movie action figures, the bust, and the animated maquette put out by QMX.

Trev

I have been AWOL for some time tryi9ng to take care of some personal issues. Yipes where has all the harmony gone LOL.

Anyhow I have been racking my brains on the box and have come to the conclusion that it just isn't practical, or safe for the finished product, for me to design a box that we all just basically want him to throw away in the end.

I would really feel more comfortable designing a booklet or poster that showcases the work in progress so he can see just what went into this from the bare sculpts to the finished product. I would also be able to mention who did/donated what If it is a booklet. Or we can simply do a tasteful mini poster with the work in progress in the background and the finished project in to foreground.

I also think this will be faster than trying to design a box that will not fit precisely without the actual item to fit to. I can have everything done to the final pictures and then once it is all done and put together I can add them and either email the work to Surfer for him to print or if you want to wait a few days I can print it and mail the finished article to surfer.

Please let me know what you think.

I have been AWOL for some time tryi9ng to take care of some personal issues. Yipes where has all the harmony gone LOL.

Anyhow I have been racking my brains on the box and have come to the conclusion that it just isn't practical, or safe for the finished product, for me to design a box that we all just basically want him to throw away in the end.

I would really feel more comfortable designing a booklet or poster that showcases the work in progress so he can see just what went into this from the bare sculpts to the finished product. I would also be able to mention who did/donated what If it is a booklet. Or we can simply do a tasteful mini poster with the work in progress in the background and the finished project in to foreground.

I also think this will be faster than trying to design a box that will not fit precisely without the actual item to fit to. I can have everything done to the final pictures and then once it is all done and put together I can add them and either email the work to Surfer for him to print or if you want to wait a few days I can print it and mail the finished article to surfer.

Please let me know what you think.
Long time lurker, first time poster...

A booklet is a GREAT idea!

I care becuase Nathan really does deserve the apsolute best with this project, and up until now everyone else has viewed that as priority as well; and has gone above and beyond to ensure perfection. But suddenly when this matter came up, everyone's attitudes have changed to "well it doesn't need to be perfect, so long as it comes from the fans". It makes no sense to work so hard to attain perfection in every aspect of this figure and then be willing to settle on the coat.

And so far the only reasoning here seems to be loyalty to Chad. Where was our loyalty to Stevo when people discovered that the Von Stauffenburg belt was better?

Im not really sure how the stick figure was rude. Its a metaphor.

if so important, kato donate or pay with your commission from coats. problem solved. dont see any less value in silentsurfer paint and he donated that.

Wow...just...wow...

As a brave man once said, "We've done the impossible and that makes us mighty"...You guys (and girls) have done the Impossible, and that makes you ALL mighty.

I cant wait to see the final finished piece, and i really cant wait to find out exactly what Nate thinks of it...

If it doesnt become the pride of place on HIS display..then there is no justice in this world...

Your all BIG God Damn Heroe's...the whole lot of you :D

SJ

OK so a booklet it is.

If any contributor would like me to use their real name rather than their screen name please pm me. I promise it will go no further.

size wise I am thinking either similar to the little comic books that used to come with She-Ra/He Man figures or a little bigger like greeting card size.

I can do just about any type of binding but hard bound will take longer because the glue has to dry and I have to sew the pages in etc. so I was leaning towards staple binding or comb binding. I don't want it super thick so I think staple will be the best solution.

I think just something informative and colorful that can slip in with the figure is ideal. It doesn't need to be displayed but won't take up enough room to necessitate throwing away.

If we're doing a booklet I'd rather use my real name... and glamor shots photo LOL :D

I'm not sure about the glamore shots :lol, but I think it's appropriate to include real names on this for those who have physically contributed to the project.

Nathan you tease!

:monkey3 Me?

Here's another tease.
BootsonFireflyDeck.jpg

BTW, Trev, you're Mal head is NOT too big. Most people, especially actors, have larger heads than you'd think. Actors are actually chosen for that in part because the camera adds ten pounds. A smaller head would make them look overweight. I've often been surprised meeting celebs in person by how much larger their heads look than I'm used to seeing them on screen.

And, all dressed up, this Mal is perfect!

Back