1/6 1/6 Landspeeder x-34 for hot toys farm boy Luke Skywalker. Yes or no?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Magnet would be sweet. Jazz what materials are you planning to use? Be really cool to have the hood at least be metal. You planning any other vehicles for the Ultra collection? I'm thinking of some sweet CNC'd tie fighter wings! :yess:

Jazz, question: Will this be full 1/6th scale or will you need to make adjustments?

Last edited:
Jazz please add me to list!...and I totally plan to make mine hover, using an electromagnet. The one I have will support around 1 1/2 pounds, hopefully that will be enough.

I’d love it if the electromagnetic could be totally hidden but it probably won’t be possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's cool and all but you won't be able to have it floating with any figures in it then. It should have some way to make it look floating w/o that.

My vote is for lightweight hovering plastic ;

You would still have the option to have figures in it without hovering.

Anyway it’s just an idea. It might not be practical to make it that lightweight.

I imagine there would be some issues with counter balancing the speeder with figures in it. The nose of course would have to be weighted to at least what Luke, Ben, 3PO and R2's weight (or depending on your setup) to keep it from flipping backwards. Would be cool if it could be done but not a game changer for me if it cannot.

I just think it would be cool floating with figures standing next to it. It wouldn’t stop you from posing it with figures in it. You could still have a clear stand or whatever.

The more weight the larger the magnet and the more difficult to hide. Like I said, I don’t know if it’s practical just an idea.

Joost did put working screens behind some recent dioramas so it’s within the realm of possibility he might be interested in doing this as well.

Beast Kingdom makes some magnetically levitating figures and vehicles as part of their Egg Attack series (Kids Logic also made a BTTF DeLorean). Having some experience with just about every one of those items, my recommendation would be against a magnetic levitating system. As cool as they look when working properly, the magnets can be difficult to get working (takes time to get the to “lock” into place, have to be continuously powered otherwise the figure / vehicle will slam into the base (had a few break when power went out) and I have seen a number of them eventually fail over time. I think a stand is a better bet.

You have a valid point, but also those are smaller cheaper magnets. There are companies with working prototypes of hover boards that support the human body, so they can be quite stable.

The one I have is pretty strong and stable. The best outcome would be if it was optional, but Joost can really do whatever he chooses..

You need three points of magnetism in a triangle, or two "tracks"/strips that run the length of the body. If you only have one centralized one, it would need to be so massively strong that the force which it exhibits exceeds the imbalance introduced by potentially 4 figures. That's very expensive, very heavy (expensive shipping), and generally pretty unstable. Multiple, smaller magnets are your better option.

The potentially cheaper choice that could look fairly well if done right is copy what the crew did in the film: have an angled mirror that obscures the stand. You could have an asymmetrical L bracket that sits beneath the speeder and have the angled mirror in front, obscuring the bar and reflecting a sand base.

You need three points of magnetism in a triangle, or two "tracks"/strips that run the length of the body. If you only have one centralized one, it would need to be so massively strong that the force which it exhibits exceeds the imbalance introduced by potentially 4 figures. That's very expensive, very heavy (expensive shipping), and generally pretty unstable. Multiple, smaller magnets are your better option.

The potentially cheaper choice that could look fairly well if done right is copy what the crew did in the film: have an angled mirror that obscures the stand. You could have an asymmetrical L bracket that sits beneath the speeder and have the angled mirror in front, obscuring the bar and reflecting a sand base.

Well, apart from the engineering challenge and had it cost, it would have to work for very many different configurations, from just Luke to Luke and C-3PO to both droids, Luke and Ben, and so on. I think a transparent Perspex stand will be much more effective. But I’m looking into this.

Ok, so here's where we are with the prototype. TO GET THIS MADE, WE NEED YOUR PREORDERS, SO START YOUR PAYMENT PLANS OR ORDERS TODAY TO GET THIS OFF THE GROUND!

CURRENT PICTURES ARE OF THE FIRST PROTOTYPE. THE WINDSHIELD AND WEATHERING WILL BE IMPROVED!

Again, based on incredible customer demand, JazzInc Dioramas is proud to present the X-34 Landspeeder Luke Skywalker uses in Star Wars a New Hope. Each vehicle is individually painted weathered and finished, each with its own unique quality and detail that is the trademark of a handcrafted Jazzinc Diorama. Presenting this incredibly classic vehicle that ushered us into the Star Wars Universe in 1:6 scale, it is so powerful to behold in real life. This stunning piece will make an outstanding addition to any Star Wars display! Extremely limited run of about 50-100 pieces worldwide.

SEE MORE PICTURES, INFO AND PREORDER HERE!
https://www.jazzincdioramas.com/product/1-6-truscale-x-34-landspeeder-for-hot-toys-luke-skywalker-fits-ikea-stuva-besta/

Screenshot 2019-01-08 at 15.00.05.jpg

So, we got the prototype and it turns out the information on the starwars.com site was wrong regarding the original prop, so we'll make a second prototype that will be larger, but still I am very happy to show you the first prototype of the X34 Landspeeder. There will be some changes and upgrades which I will explain in the video. Please make sure you get on the list by pre-ordering. You can contact me at [email protected] or pre-order through the site. Payment plans are available:
https://www.jazzincdioramas.com/product/1-6-truscale-x-34-landspeeder-for-hot-toys-luke-skywalker/

Thanks for the support. The second prototype will be both bigger and better!

Jazz I'm trying to get preorder but having issues logging in to my account. Please save a spot for me!

Jazz I'm trying to get preorder but having issues logging in to my account. Please save a spot for me!

For such an early adopter like you, of course! Please let me know if I can help you with anything. Do you need a new password or just a PayPal invoice?

Back