1/6 Jurassic Park Jeep Wrangler- Decal Update

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mudblood

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, I've taken the plunge. Since Jurassic Park is my favorite movie, I've decided to make a Jeep to go along with my Malcolm and Grant figures. I'll be modding a 1/6th RC car. A New Bright Rock Crawler Wrangler, something like that, if anyone is wondering or interested in doing your own.
I just got this yesterday, so I haven't had time to do much besides take it apart, peel and clean up the stickers, and do a test spray of red Plastidip on the rims. I'll be using Plastidip for the red stripes on the car too. It's easily removable if I mess up.

So, hope you guys enjoy watching the build as much as I enjoy building it. I'll of course be adding decals to it once it's finished. :wave

BEFORE

WIP

Last edited:
Re: 1/6 Jurassic Park Jeep Wrangler

Yo! She's going to need bodywork! Fix those doors bud! I also had this idea, however a 92' Sahara Wrangler not on market.

Re: 1/6 Jurassic Park Jeep Wrangler

The body is too brittle do really do much work to it. I'm leaving it as is. I'm well aware of what's not right with this model. I'm doing the best I can with what's available. ;)

Any luck with the embryo container?

Re: 1/6 Jurassic Park Jeep Wrangler- Paint Update

Well, I got the body and the seats painted today. I'm going to let the paint dry for a day or so before adding the red stripes. It needs some touchups here and there, but I'm happy with the way it's coming along. Found the closest things to sand beige and forest green in rattle cans. The back bars should be darker, but I like them the way they are.

If I'm feeling brave I'll try to paint the tan piping on the seats. The seat belt parts weren't too bad, so I might give it a try.

To me I might find same model you have and do body work. Heck maybe print some fenders up that are accurate. Lmk progress dude!

The body is incredibly thin and brittle, but go for it. If the doors came off, I'd cut them up. The thing is just too breakable and I don't want to have wasted time and money. :lol It is what it is, and it's going to look good anyway.

Dude, that's awesome! And I think once it's painted up, the differences in the body will be negligible. Good work so far :)

Dude, that's awesome! And I think once it's painted up, the differences in the body will be negligible. Good work so far :)

Thanks man! Those were my thoughts as well. The small differences will be overlooked when you see the finished product. I'll be overlooking them anyway. Beggars can't be choosers with 1/6th vehicles.

Wait, which jeep are you doing? The 'red' one, right?

jurassic-park-jeep-18.png

Yup, I'm actually doing that number too. All the Jeeps have that paint scheme. Why?

You said you have forest green paint and that threw me.

So what other jeep is there that I'm missing? I only know of the "red" one they travel in to the park, and then the crazy "lime" green one they cruise through the park in.

Oh, the green was for the seats. The ones on the RC were tan.

There are several Wranglers with different numbers, but all the same model. The green tour vehicles are Ford Explorers.

Someone has to watch JP again... lolz

Got a little more done to it this afternoon. It still needs touch ups, but it's getting there. Decals should be in soon.

Wow looks so cool, what else will you do??.....

Thanks for sharing!

Back