1/6 Jnix - MMS [Awesome!!] - Show Off Your Jnix Han Solo Customs...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up an unpainted ANH sculpt when Jnix was offering a second run. Painted by SilentSurfer, jaw dropped to the floor when it arrived. Couldn't be happier.

35239537185_226bf3800b_b.jpg

34852361740_4dc11278fb_b.jpg

Picked up an unpainted ANH sculpt when Jnix was offering a second run. Painted by SilentSurfer, jaw dropped to the floor when it arrived. Couldn't be happier.

Unbelievable!! The best a new hope Han I've ever seen
silentsurfer as took it to another level

Agreed, fellas. I was very happy with the Jnix painted Han, but figured this sculpt is so good and with it being my favorite iteration of Han it was worth it for me.

Looking good, do you mind asking how much it costs to have him paint it? How does one go about getting SilentSurfer to paint a figure?

Wow, whatever that might have cost you, I would say it was well worth it! Silentsurfer seems to have that magic touch that just takes these sculpts to a whole other level.

This sculpt is so strange.

I ended up getting one on the 2nd run and I wasn't happy with the paint. The sculpt was a little off-putting too. Then I bought a space tracker head and thought that sculpt was better until I put it on the figure and realized how over-sized it is. So I finally took the JNIX sculpt out of the tin and figured at least it looks to be a better size and this would be good enough until a better sculpt is available.

And as soon as I put it on the body, the magic happened.

The paint didn't look as unnatural as it did in the tin (although the hair could use a dark wash). For some reason, in context of it being on the figure, the sculpt has really improved. I still don't know if I'm going to keep it but I'm much happier with it than I originally thought I would be.

Has anyone else had a similar experiance?

Back