1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You reached it [emoji1303]

Hot Toys should hire everyone on your list and release that as a “Special Edition Idol Grab Raiders Indy”, you know, that actually looks like Indy ...

I was in Secret Base the other day, and the DX 05 figure has been regaled to a bottom corner shelf, they could’ve at least put his hat on correctly, and rotated bow on the ribbon around to the proper side:

70bdafd548fbb1be3e088124b2e62ab3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You reached it [emoji1303]

Hot Toys should hire everyone on your list and release that as a “Special Edition Idol Grab Raiders Indy”, you know, that actually looks like Indy ...

I was in Secret Base the other day, and the DX 05 figure has been regaled to a bottom corner shelf, they could’ve at least put his hat on correctly, and rotated bow on the ribbon around to the proper side:

70bdafd548fbb1be3e088124b2e62ab3.jpg

Thank you!

Man...it's sad seeing it like that. :(
I remember wayyy back when the DX05 was first released I was a huge apologist for the figure. Defending it from all the criticism it was getting. My how my views of that figure has changed over the years.

Sure with some TLC you can get it to look ok, but it definitely is one of HT weaker likenesses.

I'd really love to see them nail Fords likeness with a great Indy or Bespin Han one day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, I'd say the DX05 Indy is HT's worst DX offering of all 15 figures thus far.

It's got some great gear, but the key features -- likeness, hat, jacket, shirt -- are all pretty terrible, especially for the Ferrari of 1/6th that the DX line is supposed to be.

That said, I'm very happy that everyone is at last getting to put together their own excellent Indiana Jones figures with all the new available outfits and parts and the recent excellent sculpts that have become available at long last. It took 18 years but we finally got there. I've seen quite a few amazing Indys out there... Rzeznikk's is the most recent.

Only thing wrong with that Indy (Marf's) is that he has my gen 1 Indy whip... I cringe when I see those now... I need to get with him and upgrade that piece !

I've still got one of your Raiders whips from a few years back; still holds up. How long is your wait list currently? I'd love to pick up some updated gear.

This is my latest custom Indiana Jones:

The Snoozing Indy!

He is catching some much needed rest after exploring some ruins.

I used modelling clay to shape the back of the head so the hat fits snugly on top. The best thing about this pose is I don't have to paint the eyes on him!

He has the canteen like he carries in The Emperor's Tomb game on PS2 and I will try and pick up a shovel to go with it soon. The helmet belongs to an unconscious Nazi guard that Indy is resting his feet on.

I have him with the Sideshow Kingdom jacket at the moment which is a bit bulky but I will try and upgrade his whole costume at some point.

Attachments

• 20180916_195253.jpg
    20180916_195253.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 20180916_200356.jpg
    20180916_200356.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 20180916_200332.jpg
    20180916_200332.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 126
My updated Indy line up!
"Hero" Raiders Indy [emoji3581]
"Cairo" Raiders Indy [emoji3581]
"Hero" TOD Indy [emoji3581]
TLC Indy [emoji3581]

And now onto Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Old Man Indy! Obvious choice for the headsculpt will be Supermad Toys new Deckard Sculpt from the new Blade Runner. Looking forward to it! 20180916_225449.jpeg

Last edited:
Which of the two Supermad Decker head sculpts will you modify?

A:

15540cabb1e4224d9070e6d28a7ff348.png

or

B:

0ca59b5c095c3b5f8fface67c2b845e7.png

I’m going for B, looks like Harrison in this shot:

3794c67e47a3a485a4b2dda0b3bf4c28.jpg

Obviously no way to know until in hand, but any guess as to which hat that you might use?

I’ve saved up a few different ones myself ...

Obviously no way to know until in hand, but any guess as to which hat that you might use?

I’ve saved up a few different ones myself ...

Yeah I have a few too. But right now I'm leaning with HT Fedora. But will see what looks right once in hand.

I would look more towards Rzeznikk for that, or Mike Fisher ...

Heard that might be shipping end of October [emoji1303]

907bf297955b3c76fe630b2d034cf2fc.png

I've got the Deckard on order and will be eventually carrying out exactly the same mod. Look forward to seeing everyone's efforts!

I like both sculpts but the serious angry stare look is the one I always wanted for my classic Indy. Even the Young Indy figure manages that look.

When I think of Indiana Jones he either has the angry face or the smirk.

Attachments

• 20180917_152939.jpg
    20180917_152939.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 138
Looks great. Too clean for Indy, but great!

Inigo head with Nathan paint, Yunsil outfit, Mike gear?

Which hat is that? Maybe your camera makes it look different -- taller?

Looks great. Too clean for Indy, but great!

Inigo head with Nathan paint, Yunsil outfit, Mike gear?

Which hat is that? Maybe your camera makes it look different -- taller?
Your correct on the outfit except for the shirt. The belt is yunsil with ht buckle and holster is raveneye v2, the hat is inigo. Its just the camera as for the web belt two artist did that. Mfisher made the web belt and fullmetal did the military buckle.

Back