1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Side note... you can get a good "lay" of the clothing from HT or even sideshow with a simple water and hairspray solution... dampen the clothing with water.. get a cheap pump spray bottle of hairspray and then soak the clothing... pose the figure how you want it then "sculpt" the folds as they are still wet... once dry it will be stiff and easy to weather... I can see dropping the money on an Indy jacket.. but honestly you can get very good results from the factory pants and shirts and a little hairspray..

Hi, just some quick shots that I took this morning of my "current" Indy (I've learned not to say "final" anymore when it comes to this figure!). Indy remains my absolute favourite 1/6 figure.....love him.

m2dLdMB.jpg

WbFtpkx.jpg

0Omblwu.jpg

eYAlaYA.jpg

For anyone that is interested..... here is what he's made of :

Jnix headsculpt (with an average paint job by me)
Sideshow Nathan Drake body (modified ankles to take shoes).
Yunsil shirt and trousers (have also got the jacket....but prefer him without it).
Dx05 shoes.
Dx05 Web belt (sadly I don't own the Yunsil belt).
Dx05 satchel.
Dx05 hands.
M Fisher rig/holster/whip (thanks Mike!)
Sideshow TOD pistol (just sold my DX05 figure, so need to replace this).

Cheers,
Simon.

That looks great.

I'm surprised that's the Nathan Drake body, it's got a real natural look to it. That and you've got a great futz going on.

Wow, looks exactly like when Indy is drinking after the basket scene.

“You and I are very much alike ...”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you guys, very kind of you - much appreciated.

Think I was going for a more "Cairo" look. I do really like the Yunsil jacket, but it needs to be weathered....and, stupid I know, but as it was expensive I just don't have the heart to mod it. I do my 'modding' on the DX05 stuff.

As for the Nathan Drake body .....I really like it. It's the same body they used for temple of doom Indy, Snake Plissken, Ash and Jack Burton. I have been back and forth between this and the DX05, and I just like the proportions better on the sideshow.

I know the film gets a lot of hate but I just liked the idea of old Indy, so here's my custom. It uses an original HT FA Han Solo head sculpt along with HT Indiana Jones shirt, shoes, belt, gun, whip and satchel. The boots are from a HT Resident Evil Leon. The other belt is a custom piece made from the buckle of a HT Indiana and HT FA Han Solo belt. Shame about the hat not fitting on the head, hope you like though :)
IMG_1484_zps6qqnezbo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1478_zps7hezz64a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1480_zpsuqavepey.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1476_zpscri5pojn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm trying to find a body replacement for my SS Henry Jones. I purchased a World Box body, but the skin tone is way to dark/grayish. Need more of a less dull colored neck w/more of a pinkish/vibrant look to match the head. I want to get another body that has the attached neck & double jointed elbos..but I can't afford to screw up again. Does anyone have a suggestion on which neck color (w/the criterias I want) would match that head better? Coo Models & ZY Toys seem to be the other bodies that would work..but I don't know which has the more vibrant skin tone. You just can't tell what the color is actually going to be from the online pics. I'm totally unknowledgeable when it comes to purchasing replacement bodies, so any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Anybody have a spare SS Raiders Jacket or HT Jacket youd be willing to part with relatively cheap?. Damaged or weathered, NP. I ruined mine.

Any help at all on a body I can use for upgrading my SS Henry Jones? I really, really need help finding one where the skin tone matches alright enough. lol - I'm desperate guys!

That generation of SS Indy figures has a real toy like skin tone in addition to sadly oversized sculpts. The closest skin tone I can think of that would match Henry would be a TTL body in "pale". Unfortunately, the head is oversized.

That generation of SS Indy figures has a real toy like skin tone in addition to sadly oversized sculpts. The closest skin tone I can think of that would match Henry would be a TTL body in "pale". Unfortunately, the head is oversized.

Thanks. Couldn't find any of those on eBay, but the ZC Toys muscular body I got for my custom Wolverine matches the skin decently..it just doesn't have those double jointed elbows. The oversized head isn't really an issue for me since there is no alternative. Well, there was that 'Henry Jones' custom head circling around a few years back. It definitely was more in scale and had a more realistic sculpt/paint apps..but I thought the likeness wasn't nearly as good as the SS one.

If you're looking for a more inscale head that looks more realistic I'd recommend this one, the glasses from the SS one should be quite easy to apply on. The likeness isn't all there but with some paint apps Head Play heads always look amazing;
https://www.monkeydepot.com/Head_Head_Play_Sean_Connery_HP0065_p/lhp0002.htm
Thanks, but that's the one I was just referring to that was circulating a few years back that doesn't have the likeness of the SS one. Yeah, it's definitely better rid of the realism and paint apps, but I don't see Connery at all in that one. But actually, after clicking on the link I was shocked to see that it was still available. I was still actually considering getting it - but of course it's out of stock. Probably been out of stock for 2 years now at least. Monkey Depot is notorious for the whole 'Add to cart' button..making you think an item is obviously in stock.

Hi all,

Newbie customizer (and that's a strong word for it) here. I've got a new HT DX-05 on the way and this site has been really helpful for info. I already have a message over to MrFisher to see if he's still producing his set. Does anyone have any recommendations on available sculpts these days? It seems like I'm late to the party on the MJ Choi and Inigos. Is there a resale market I should be checking, and/or does anyone know of artists that are still producing these days?

Thanks!

Back