1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got around to starting the paint on the Jnix sculpt.....got to say, I'm pretty impressed with it.

This is very much still just a work in progress, but there is certainly a decent Raiders Harrison likeness there.....

lpg0e9S.jpg

Good damn gravy...that paint job on that sculpt is just eerie. I can vividly remember Indy making that facial expression in the films, and you nailed it. I'm thinking I should really start kicking myself in the ass for missing out on this sculpt. But man, that's a beautiful paint job. Thanks for posting pics.
BTW, I just did a quick search to find the shot of Indy I was thinking of, and came across this one:20180131_164347.jpg
I know the TOD pic is not spot-on, but damn, I think it's close.

Thanks chaps. I'm really impressed with the sculpt......it's a tough one to beat I think. Certainly the closest Indy likeness I've seen in 1/6 so far.

Hoping to do some more work on it over the next 3-4 days and will post some pictures once he's finished.

Zed, did you bleach the HT shirt? Looks a lot cleaner than the shirts I’ve seen (maybe those have just become discolored over time).

Zed, did you bleach the HT shirt? Looks a lot cleaner than the shirts I’ve seen (maybe those have just become discolored over time).

Hey TonTon, no change to the colour at all......but I agree with you that it doesn't seem as yellow as some of the dx05 shirts.

4 Indy's for me.......apologies for the dark lighting. Finished up the jnix sculpt today......quick photo:

tJtcY4M.jpg

Jnix sculpt on a Nathan Drake body, Yunsil clothes and rig, mfisher whip (thanks Mike!), custom base, other bits dx05.

Looks great buddy! The only thing I would say is that the fleshtone of the hands doesn’t match the fleshtone of the forearms. Do you have any darker tanned hands that you could try? What sort of hands did the Nathan Drake body come with? The hands that come with the Phicen bodies might be a decent match for those forearms - I have some spares you can have if they’ll work? I’ll post a pic later.

Thanks Pete. You are absolutely right, the whole Drake body is very dark and the dx05 hands light. My initial thoughts were to tone down the arms by painting them. Would probably be tricky to track down the drake hands separately.

I really like the proportions of the sideshow body over the DX05. This is exactly the same body that sideshow used on TOD indy and Snake Plissken. I have both those figures, can't use TOD as he has the bandaged hand, but I'll check to see if Snakes hands are a closer match......in the meantime I've put the DX05 gloved hands on the figure, which though not movie specific, looks pretty good and resolves the issue!

Looks great, Zed! Yeah, the proportions on the TOD figure are pretty nice, improved with the Jnix sculpt. Digging that Yunsil clothing. Would be pretty happy with a set of those.

A quick shot this morning with the Yunsil jacket and DX05 gloves. And I think that's me done with custom Indy, doubt I can improve him much at this point (I could weather the Yunsil jacket.....but just can't bring myself to do it), have got an mfisher rig, but I think the Yunsil is more to scale.......let's hope at some future date Hot Toys announces an all new Indy figure.

vyOg8mF.jpg

Just wanted to post a pic of my two favorite adventurers. :)

Also just updated Indy with a new belt/holster from Raveneye, he does incredible leather work.

RtJnVPi.jpg

O331Xhq.jpg

6Ldl5rr.jpg

I could never tell, but in the movie, does Indy's holster have the grooved etching on the holster flap like you can see in the above photo?

Back