1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The SS TOD won't fit the Choi due to the plastic block in the fedora that holds the magnet. It would take some major carving of either the hat or the head.

That sounds to me like it could come out. I'm assuming that the hat is hollow vinyl and the retainer for the magnet is a separate piece. Sounds like an Enterbay hairpiece to me. Worth investigating.

That sounds to me like it could come out. I'm assuming that the hat is hollow vinyl and the retainer for the magnet is a separate piece. Sounds like an Enterbay hairpiece to me. Worth investigating.

The block is part of the hat mould. It might be easier instead to slice the top off the Choi head!

20160621_034013.jpg just playing around with the hot toys sculpt.not screen accurate seems a waste to leave it laying around.more of a James bond action pose I think. :rotfl Might just stick back to Dx and get clothing up grade for the KO sculpt. These pics of the custom jackets look A+

Yeah, you can have some fun sometimes. I'm pretty glad that the DX wasn't the only off the shelf Indy out there, god knows what routes I would have taken then. Could I have bought DX gear loose and been happy, mmmmmm, I don't know, maybe. I'm happy enough with the majority of the original SSC gear not to want to get anything else. I had to get a DX shirt though, the old SSC one was awful and the Relic Hunter one was always too big.

I'm considering putting an Indy together but I'm unsure if I should pick up a DX or get the SS ToD as a starting point and add a jacket and hat to it. Any advice? Im not laying out for Kato / Yunsil level fortune and glory.

I would go with ToD. Better likeness. You definitely need to replace the fedora though.

View attachment 271779 just playing around with the hot toys sculpt.not screen accurate seems a waste to leave it laying around.more of a James bond action pose I think. :rotfl Might just stick back to Dx and get clothing up grade for the KO sculpt. These pics of the custom jackets look A+

I like that pose! What clothes do you have on it now?

I'm considering putting an Indy together but I'm unsure if I should pick up a DX or get the SS ToD as a starting point and add a jacket and hat to it. Any advice? Im not laying out for Kato / Yunsil level fortune and glory.

I would go with ToD. Better likeness. You definitely need to replace the fedora though.

I agree TOD Indy is probably the better starting point. The only thing is the shirt and pants are so movie specific with the torn parts. The sleeve would get hidden by the jacket, but you would still see the torn knee. Otherwise everything else is pretty good and probably a better price than the HT. Then just get the jacket and hat from the HT Indy.

Thanks for the info guys. I was thinking the same thing but the DX Jacket, hat and gloved hands (forgot I like those) add up to another $100 which puts me back into DX price ranges. I have a Kit head on order so I would be using that instead of either SS or HT portrait.

I did exactly what you are planning, earthdog. SSC TOD + extras from DX05 and Kit K.O. head.

The only exception is that I did not get the DX05 jacket, I decided to go with a bigger budget, and went for a Kato jacket instead.

I am very happy with the results, so far.
My Indy is not finished yet, but is an eye-catcher already in my collection. Rather happy with it.

I'm gonna try and post a current photo.

Original MJ sculpt, purchased unpainted and finished by Silentsurfer. Still working on the figure; many parts from over the years to retrieve and try out. This is the Sideshow TOD body, and it may change to the HT Han body when I find that parts box. Yunsil/Toribox clothing.

Indy%203_zpsrjcxsg7v.jpg

Indy%201_zpsvme2oqq8.jpg

wow, the detail of that sculpt and the painting is high level. Especially the eyes are wonderful.

Head does not look oversized in those pictures.
Is the SSC Indy TOD a bigger body than the HT Han Solo?
I think it looks better.

And one question, guys. I am about to get a Pecard Leather Dressing.
A friend of mine and I, we want to buy one and share for our custom jackets. We have 2 jackets to apply the dressing to.
How much dressing will we need?

Thanks a lot.

e377b4184eb9c1b2256034a11a20b3a3.jpg

Personally I would start with the sideshow raiders indy and swap out the parts that you don't want. Over time that's what I did with mine the jacket shoes body holster and sculpt have been swapped out over time the sculpt I'm using is a stand in until the inigio one starts to ship

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Original MJ sculpt, purchased unpainted and finished by Silentsurfer. Still working on the figure; many parts from over the years to retrieve and try out. This is the Sideshow TOD body, and it may change to the HT Han body when I find that parts box. Yunsil/Toribox clothing.

Indy%203_zpsrjcxsg7v.jpg

As surprisingly good as the eBay head's apps are, this looks so much better. And the recast definitely lost some likeness somewhere along the line over the original.

Some pics of the recast I struggle to see HF let alone "Indy" (some pics though it does look pretty good, and just like mediocre HT sculpts, the stellar apps help a lot) but from the right angle and with great paint, the original MJ sculpt really shines.

Yeah, you can have some fun sometimes. I'm pretty glad that the DX wasn't the only off the shelf Indy out there, god knows what routes I would have taken then. Could I have bought DX gear loose and been happy, mmmmmm, I don't know, maybe. I'm happy enough with the majority of the original SSC gear not to want to get anything else. I had to get a DX shirt though, the old SSC one was awful and the Relic Hunter one was always too big.
hope a clothing option get made will help folks trying to bash a Indy and not bought the DX

I like that pose! What clothes do you have on .
thanks
I just pop the brothers die harder jacket and shoes. The shirt and trousers is just a clothing set . Just playing around clothing bash till I can get some correct set to bash second figure. The mj kit is on my DX set :lol20160622_224302.jpg

Here some quick WIP pics of my repaint project on my ToD head. I completely stripped the factory paint before I began.

9ea8ab05a9a64c4f4f7dff9b423eb383.jpg

d2dbe5005f001561d72719940af220bf.jpg

ce0756ada871df2bcb2715c0664e8067.jpg

5a3f00ba291377641087f3a7b0bb0d03.jpg

Back