1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the heads up on the simple but excellent mod , Cavlcade.

IMG_5653_zps50fdf8c2.jpg

What did you do Fiend? Just dip them in boiling water and bend them back and forth?

They look fantastic. Definitely doing this tonight.

What I did was to submerge the front of the boot into a cup of water from a freshly boiled kettle. After about 20 secs or so the boot feet should have softened up enough to bend the toes. Just bend the shoe and the material should wrinkle. After the boots cool and dry they should go back to the original shape but retain the wrinkles.

Holy crap!! Those look GREAT!!

Thanks, Flosi. You should give it a go. It's simple and very effective.

They worked really well. Did you weather them up too?

Nope, I just did what you told me but I kept them in a bit longer than you did. I used straight up boiling water too. The outer coat on the boots will come off just a little, an extra little effect that looks good. In hand they looks great too. They genuinely look worn.

What did you do Fiend? Just dip them in boiling water and bend them back and forth?

They look fantastic. Definitely doing this tonight.

Thank you. :)

Last edited:
Yup, that's HT. Here's the steps I took.

1. Cut out the lining. Just this does wonders for the overall look of the jacket. The lining really is unnecessary imo.
2. Went over it lightly, and I mean lightly, with sandpaper just to get rid of the gloss the stock jacket has.
3. Went over it lightly in small areas with acrylics to show wear.
4. After that I put it on the body and rolled the sleeves up as high as I could get them and left them that way for a few hours to get those wrinkles in the arms.
5. Finally I dusted the jacket a bit and put a paperclip in the collar.
6. Futz.

It actually looks better than it appears but I need really good lighting with my camera. I'll try to get a better shot of it later.

Wow, great results!!!

I almost always find removing the jacket lining makes 1/6 figures look better... it's nice they are included, but you never see them and they just add unnecessary bulk :lol

Cool mod on the shoes as well... definitely copying that one as well :lol

Thanks, Flosi. You should give it a go. It's simple and very effective.

Nope, I just did what you told me but I kept them in a bit longer than you did. I used straight up boiling water too. The outer coat on the boots will come off just a little, an extra little effect that looks good. In hand they looks great too. They genuinely looksworn.

Thank you. :)

Oh, I totally will!! Gonna weather up the jacket while I'm at it too! :hi5:

I removed the lining in my jacket some time ago, I also cut the sleeves off the shirt :horror

But what I wanted to share was another step I took. I cut rectangles of aluminum from a pop can and put it in the pockets and sides.

The effect allows you to pose the jacket like a cheaper wire affect (couldn't find my wire)

indy7_zps081f6be7.jpg

Back