1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!!!

These both look incredible... I never even broke out the map room gear when I got the DX Indy; but I'll have to do that now :rock

It really does. I also never took it out but those pics above make it tempting .

GREAT job with that! Totally looks like a custom one! :clap

Thanks. I'm pretty happy with it at the moment.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I wrapped the stump of the hatless SS head with a little strip of foam and put the hot Toys hat on. Doesn't look too bad. Maybe a little small.
LC4.JPG

Looks perfect Fiend.

I find the boots look better if they are wrinkled like this

Boots.jpg

I held the front part of the boot into just boiled water for a few seconds until the boots started to flex. Then worked the creases in to them.

Yup, that's HT. Here's the steps I took.

1. Cut out the lining. Just this does wonders for the overall look of the jacket. The lining really is unnecessary imo.
2. Went over it lightly, and I mean lightly, with sandpaper just to get rid of the gloss the stock jacket has.
3. Went over it lightly in small areas with acrylics to show wear.
4. After that I put it on the body and rolled the sleeves up as high as I could get them and left them that way for a few hours to get those wrinkles in the arms.
5. Finally I dusted the jacket a bit and put a paperclip in the collar.
6. Futz.

It actually looks better than it appears but I need really good lighting with my camera. I'll try to get a better shot of it later.

I wrapped the stump of the hatless SS head with a little strip of foam and put the hot Toys hat on. Doesn't look too bad. Maybe a little small.
LC4.JPG

Is he a conehead?

I think that's the German Disguise Indy head, isn't it. From what I recall, it was a bit bigger than the other SSC head.

The hat is a bit small though all the same, makes you realise just how small the HT sculpt is.

Yup, that's HT. Here's the steps I took.

1. Cut out the lining. Just this does wonders for the overall look of the jacket. The lining really is unnecessary imo.
2. Went over it lightly, and I mean lightly, with sandpaper just to get rid of the gloss the stock jacket has.
3. Went over it lightly in small areas with acrylics to show wear.
4. After that I put it on the body and rolled the sleeves up as high as I could get them and left them that way for a few hours to get those wrinkles in the arms.
5. Finally I dusted the jacket a bit and put a paperclip in the collar.
6. Futz.

It actually looks better than it appears but I need really good lighting with my camera. I'll try to get a better shot of it later.

It really brought out a softer texture and took the shine out. :clap Looks like I'll be doing a little work tonight.

Back