1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up the DX05 today and it should be here Thursday. I got some mods in mind of what I want to do. The thing is I have no experience in paint and I have no idea what I would be doing. Wish there was a video tutorial or something to show the different painting techniques on 1/6 figures. Like washes, dry brush.....I don't know what any of that **** is. :lol Any suggestions would be awesome. :)

Woohoo! We have a Mola winner!

everybody-dance-now_866.gif
everybody-dance-now_866.gif

It's Pankot Party time! He looks awesome and so do all the other guys.

attachment.php

Update. I wasn't happy with Mola Rams skin tone, so I repainted the whole figure including the body....

DSC_1091-2.jpg

DSC_1092-2.jpg

Update. I wasn't happy with Mola Rams skin tone, so I repainted the whole figure including the body....

DSC_1091-2.jpg

DSC_1092-2.jpg

That is fantastic!!! Sorry if you mentioned this before, but what is the break down of this figure. What head sculpt did you use? :clap

Thanks guys. The sculpt, head dress, hand and bones on the necklace are all by Oscar. The Sanakara stones and the skull chalice are also by him too. TTM19 muscular body. Robes etc by D-ART. Boots are Dragon with custom taping and a repaint. Pants were some leather pants which I dulled down with matt black paint. Stand decal by Evilface.

Thanks guys. The sculpt, head dress, hand and bones on the necklace are all by Oscar. The Sanakara stones and the skull chalice are also by him too. TTM19 muscular body. Robes etc by D-ART. Boots are Dragon with custom taping and a repaint. Pants were some leather pants which I dulled down with matt black paint. Stand decal by Evilface.

Very nicely done. I may attempt to put one together for myself one day to go along with my TOD Indy. Thanks for sharing the components.

Not much done since the last major mod of switching the muscle arms for narrow arms. I just put down for a WGP head, so I'm all in now. I had to bust him out for some more futzing.

Put a twist tie around the shirt collar to try and hold it down, and used Top Stick to hold it lower on the neck. Unfortunately, since the collar is so tall, it doesn't do much.

004myv.jpg

I'm going after this pose

2af00bcd71.jpg

I don't think I'll ever get there though, the layers of the clothing are just too thick. Overall, it just reminds me how fun the figure is. Then when you look at the movie reference how OFF it is. :monkey1 I wish I could get the pants to be baggier, and it seems like they sit down lower around his hips. I don't want to do anything so drastic as to move him to a Slim but. . . I WILL do what it takes. :lol

I took the gray snaps off, once one of them broke in the midst of futzing. I just used Top Stick to hold the shirt together.

And I removed the guyliner. Took the head apart and trimmed it with an X-Acto. A nerve-wracking, fun, educational experience. . . in that order ;)

011ww.jpg

I think it's very close to the reference picture. I would play with the lighting to make it look closer. I would just use some photo editing software. I use an iMac with iPhoto and there is all kind of things you can do in there to adjust lighting and contrast.

Something about the ht eyes on their indy is just turing me off to it. I want to like it so badly, I just can't :(

Not much done since the last major mod of switching the muscle arms for narrow arms. I just put down for a WGP head, so I'm all in now. I had to bust him out for some more futzing.

Put a twist tie around the shirt collar to try and hold it down, and used Top Stick to hold it lower on the neck. Unfortunately, since the collar is so tall, it doesn't do much.

And I removed the guyliner. Took the head apart and trimmed it with an X-Acto. A nerve-wracking, fun, educational experience. . . in that order ;)

011ww.jpg

Looks so much better with the eye liner gone. I've been contemplating doing that myself, but haven't worked up the courage yet to take the head apart and give it a shot.

Nice work!

I removed the guy liner on mine as well that I used for my TOD one that I posted pics of here a few pages back and it does help a lot with this sculpt. That and suttle repaint work on the face adding some more various flesh tones makes a big difference.

Back