1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paint it with dark brown acrylic, glue down the lapels. Then sand paper it. Then paint it with satin varnish and sand/crumple again.

Every single time someone brings this auction piece up for $1,500 I don't see Harrison at all :thud::slap:slap
ubchongik_20090420083638_10115695_3.jpg

I see him...:yess:
Freddy-Krueger-frente-Robert-Englund.jpg

Hello, All,

I am the one who sell this INDI on ebay.
This is what I customized with Arnie's head.
Someone said what I sell is not from Arnie's but he was my college school mate.

Anyway, I painted this INDI almost 4years ago, and spent quite expensive price for the costume.

I KNEW that my INDI is obviously not as good as HOT TOYS and even Sideshow's.

So, Please please don't tease me anymore because it hurts me quite alot.

I am thinking of giving lot more to someone who will have my INDI.
Because I don't want him to think he spent lots of money for nothing.

I've been working for WB DC for 3years. So I don't cheat.
Also couple of you guys saw my name from HOT TOYS new released Noland.

I really really regret about selling on ebay and I sweat that I would never and ever sell any of my custom figures anymore.

So sorry that I made you all uncomfortable.

From deep inside of my heart.

Lalla

PS : I've post my rescent works as a record that proof that I am NOT a cheater or lier for the figure customizing.

I've post my recent works below.

ubchongik_20091222224625_12272723_3.jpg

2009. Rain's head custom.

ubchongik_20100423065500_12677829_2.jpg

2010. For HOT TOYS' exhibition.

ubchongik_20110626204745_13679375_7.jpg

2011. Korea Actor Lee, Byung hun.

The reason why I post this bunch of figures is not for the bragging but I would like to say that I am not a lier and cheater.

Thank you again.

Can someone please explain the paperclip trick for the collar? The way I've seen it explained really doesn't make sense to me and I can't find a picture of what anyone is talking about.

You run an unbent paparclip in behind the jacket collar and under both lapels and cut to fit so it is hidden.

Then, you can bend and mould the paperclip accordingly to keep the jacket nicely in position.

You run an unbent paparclip in behind the jacket collar and under both lapels and cut to fit so it is hidden.

Then, you can bend and mould the paperclip accordingly to keep the jacket nicely in position.

Yeah that's the description I've read over and over. It doesn't make sense to me though. How does the paperclip stay in place? How does it enable you to mold the collar if it's not attached to the jacket? How does it hold the collar down? etc. etc. etc.

The clip stays in place as you put it right up inside into the fold where the top of the jacket turns over to form the collar itself.

It stays in place as you futz/pinch and mold it into place around the neck, to get the desired look for the jacket at the same time.

Yeah that's the description I've read over and over. It doesn't make sense to me though. How does the paperclip stay in place? How does it enable you to mold the collar if it's not attached to the jacket? How does it hold the collar down? etc. etc. etc.

Pop his collar up, Elvis style, place a bent U shaped paper clip around the collar, then fold the collar back down. Now you can squeeze the paper clip tighter so that it bring (closes) the collar around his neck. as far as the tips of the collar stay down, you'll have to glue them down.

Pop his collar up, Elvis style, place a bent U shaped paper clip around the collar, then fold the collar back down. Now you can squeeze the paper clip tighter so that it bring (closes) the collar around his neck. as far as the tips of the collar stay down, you'll have to glue them down.

Thanks. I guess the tips of the collar thing is what wasn't making sense to me. I was under the impression that the paperclip trick held those down somehow and it just didn't make sense.

Thanks. I guess the tips of the collar thing is what wasn't making sense to me. I was under the impression that the paperclip trick held those down somehow and it just didn't make sense.

I kind of figured that's was the confusion. The paperclip trick was really for the T2 T800 as his leather jacket really spread open due to his muscle body. The paper clip really help to bring it in to look more natural and close it up. HT Indy problem is more the collar curling up. Iused a combination of both, paper clip and glue as well as wetting the shirt collar and press it with my fingers.
100_5300-1.jpg

So, Here's my dirty shirt attempt, it's still in the process, Thanks again RJ for the inspiration. :):clap

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

No amount of careful painting can make a sculpt look like someone if the likeness isn't there in the first place, which, to my eyes, it isn't in the Snyderman sculpt.

Just because a sculpt has vaguely the same shaped nose and a scar on the chin doesn't automatically make it a dead ringer for Harrison Ford. Seeing what you want to see and looking objectively at what's actually there are two different things.

I too will happily get another Indy sculpt if I see one that I think is better. I've never gone overboard and said that Trevor's is 'the' best Indy out there as I don't believe the best of anything truly exists. SSC don't always get their casting right so there may be variations in the sculpt. I see Harrison Ford when I look at it and that's enough for me.

To elborate on my head painting comments I found an example of what I was trying to explain. I never implied that the SS head looks nothing like Harrison Ford, I pointed out the things that are off. When someone repaints the SS head and follows the shapes as sculpted the result doesn't look like HF. The few repaints that actually look like HF are ones were the painter "adjusted" the sculpt with stragically placed highlights and shadows to push the sculpt into a better likeness. This is accomplished by using a method similiar to what makeup artist use to make women more attractive than what they really are, such as the attached picture.

makeover-photoshoot.jpg

"Just because a sculpt has vaguely the same shaped nose and a scar on the chin doesn't automatically make it a dead ringer for Harrison Ford. Seeing what you want to see and looking objectively at what's actually there are two different things."

This works both ways.

I tried to get some pictures of my Snyderman Indy head. My pics aren't much better than the ones posted already. Obviously I'm in the minority but I still think this is one of the best Indy sculpts I have seen. I happy with it. I've decided it's a fool's errand to try to convince people who don't like it it is a nice piece of work. Thanks Snyderman for offering this head as well as the Marion Ravenwoods. Look forward to seeing any other Indy universe heads you may offer.

Last edited:
OK... admittedly crappy photos... but you get the idea... have finally gotten traction on my own Raiders custom.. something I had never really done... used the rescaled PF sculpt and painted it myself in a base of acrylics then oils then chalks... also added real hair which gives a cool effect....then gave the fedora a good fuller's earth dusting... can't wait to start on the clothing :) Planning on building some kind of custom display base much like I did for the Jock and Jungle Belloq custom.. just not sure what I am going to do..

745.jpg

Back