1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats man! A milestone, and I have to say you are one of the most level headed genuine posters on here, so thats 20,000 positive posts!
:hi5:

Well I've only been around for the last couple of thousand posts before that you could have been a complete tit. But from my experience...:hi5:

:lol:lol

I agree, she's very talented, she's an artist! And I love her Marion, Danny Glover and the other figures that i've seen from them. The painting also is awesome. Just their Ford sculpts are really off... to me and to other people.:peace

This is what is so odd to me. I just don't get it. Several people have posted A+ reviews of the various Indy heads plus the Deckard that they are selling on ebay so I know I'm not the only one who likes it. Maybe just the only member of this site? I have had just the head on my desk at work for about 6 weeks now and every person that picks it up immediately recognizes it as HF. Maybe someone can help a brother out and point out what is so off about it. Otherwise I think I''ll spend some time enjoying my figures instead of talking about them.

This is what is so odd to me. I just don't get it. Several people have posted A+ reviews of the various Indy heads plus the Deckard that they are selling on ebay so I know I'm not the only one who likes it. Maybe just the only member of this site? I have had just the head on my desk at work for about 6 weeks now and every person that picks it up immediately recognizes it as HF. Maybe someone can help a brother out and point out what is so off about it. Otherwise I think I''ll spend some time enjoying my figures instead of talking about them.

It's not a big deal, it's just an opinion.

definitley cant take someones opinion on a sculpt so personally and get so defensive man. Having said that, I think snyders Ford is one of the better ford likenesses available, and likeness wise (not quality, paint, general polish) but just likeness, I think its better than HT.

In other news, I wanted to show you guys a quick couple iphone photos of a custom 1/6 ark crate i worked on this week. this is just a prototype, and is slightly undersized to fit the arc, just for my own space restrictions, but thought id show er off anyways!

photo2lk.jpg

photo1xb.jpg

Have we seen it on a figure yet?

I'm going to force you to see HF in this sculpt!!!!!

It's not a good likeness. But yes, she's an incredible talent obviously.

I have Spence's Indy sculpt buried in a closet somewhere. The guy's amazing, but it's just not a good HF likeness. These things happen. It's not a pissing contest.

If there's one thing that these threads have taught me It's that EVERYONE has different tastes, different views, and differing opinions on what sculpt looks the most like which actor. There is no end-all opinion that can be given by anyone that will absolutely be the final word on a sculpt's worthiness...bottom line, if you like it, and you see the actor in it, then that's all that matters, cuz It's your collection that the sculpt either is or isn't going in. I liked the HT Indy sculpt and hate the HT Hamill sculpt, and others feel the exact opposite. At the end of the day, if you're happy with it on your shelf, that's all that matters.

Lol...but seriously, that's what some people act like on these threads. I mean, I get it, if you are that passionate about a figure, but good luck convincing everyone that you're right and they're wrong.

Agree with the first part of your post. I'm interested to see how that digital sculpt turns out.

Me too,

Even the rough ZBrush head looks better than most I've seen. That includes Trevor's. It seems that, as in special effects, CGI is starting to win out over more traditional techniques. Provided the WGP heads are cast as well as they're sculpted they are going to be major players before long.

Hi guys, thought I'd share my WIP Indy repaints/customs. Anyone have a lead on a decent suit to replace Belloq's?

Nice,

As regards the Belloq suit, mmm, toughie, offhand I can't think of that many white suits. What if you modded the Blitzway Scarface suit!?

Belloq's suit has a unique cut to it.. see the back... and sideshow actually did a great job of capturing it.. why do you want to replace it ? if anything just replace the buttons on it and it looks substantially better..

In other news, I wanted to show you guys a quick couple iphone photos of a custom 1/6 ark crate i worked on this week. this is just a prototype, and is slightly undersized to fit the arc, just for my own space restrictions, but thought id show er off anyways!

photo2lk.jpg

photo1xb.jpg

Hey Chilipep66, that a freaking AMAZING set up u got going on there!!!!!!!!! The crate looks so good man! so screen accurate! I Love it.... THat's the Hasbro ark u got there right? Could u post a wider shot? (if possible) :clap
Now that i looked closely i think its the sideshow ark! Great pic!

Sal

Back